Help Turning Mp3s Off

lindowsxplindowsxp Join Date: 2005-07-13 Member: 55888Members
i need help turning ingame mp3s off. i dont mean the playlist mp3s, i mean the ones that are played from the map. its sooooo annoying because i always run winamp.

Comments

• XCanXCan Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5904Members, Constellation
    If you mean the theme song and those alike you can do it easily by going to "Advanceed" in multiplayer options, the same place you can also change your nick if you don't use the console.
  • meepmeep Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26034Members
    In console, <i>cl_musicenabled 0</i>.

<i>cl_musicvolume 0</i> would have the same effect (although does this mean the music is still running, I have no idea -- this might have some effect on performance?)

This doesn't get rid of the music that plays during the mapload and on the title screens, there's another way to do that, but I don't remember how.
  • lindowsxplindowsxp Join Date: 2005-07-13 Member: 55888Members
    edited July 2005
    ive just tried those but without any success. any other suggestions?

EDIT: the mapload and title screen mp3s are the ones im trying to turn off.
  • BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Members, Constellation
    edited July 2005
    Edit:
    <b>Mp3Volume "0" </b> is the command.

Edit2:
    You can just delete all the ambient .mp3 files if you don't like them.
  • lindowsxplindowsxp Join Date: 2005-07-13 Member: 55888Members
    well ive tried all of these suggestions but the sounds wont go away. mp3volume has always been 0. as for deleting the ambience sounds, the server just dls them right back to my comp. sorry but i need a command that isnt normally used or some kind of unconventional method to fix my problem.
  • N_3N_3 &#092;o/ Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27291Members, Constellation
    I used the knife gaming pack to remove ambient sounds, it has a couple of other things it can do aswell, but only use what you know about and want. <a href='http://www.knifegaming.com/index.php?id=media/files' target='_blank'>http://www.knifegaming.com/index.php?id=media/files</a>
  • EPcreepEPcreep Join Date: 2004-04-28 Member: 28289Members, Constellation
    mp3_stop or mp3 stop or mp3stop

its one of those
  • HarrowerHarrower Join Date: 2005-03-16 Member: 45478Members
    If none of that works, you can go into $steamuserdir\SteamApps\USERNAME\half-life\ns\sound and replace the sounds with blank versions of themselves. That's a really extreme option though, as many servers will lock you out for file inconsistency.
  • InFlamesInFlames Join Date: 2004-10-22 Member: 32396Members, Constellation
    stopsound stop_sound whatever it is or no_sound nosound

one will cut all sound, the other will stop the ingame music, so if you ge tthe wrong one just type it in again to fix.

When it stops the track the next track will still load in some cases so type it again. This happens on a handfull of those crap siege maps, numa numa ffs and who the hell listens to Avril Lavign??? damn 12yo mappers -.-

/Rant_over
  • spinviperspinviper Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16151Members
    edited July 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Harrower+Jul 22 2005, 03:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Harrower @ Jul 22 2005, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If none of that works, you can go into $steamuserdir\SteamApps\USERNAME\half-life\ns\sound and replace the sounds with blank versions of themselves.  That's a really extreme option though, as many servers will lock you out for file inconsistency. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No they won't. I have yet to join a server with mp_consistency 1 on. Thats why there is a whole customisation forum for models sprites and sounds.