African History Class Required

2»

Comments

• TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-J D W+Jun 22 2005, 02:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (J D W @ Jun 22 2005, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-lolfighter+Jun 14 2005, 07:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (lolfighter @ Jun 14 2005, 07:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The irish, english, french and <b>german</b> have typically not had any problems with racism, Legionnaired. Which is what this seems to be about. Educated people have a lower tendency to hold uneducated views (such as racism). <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ehmm.. you forgot a major time in history :p <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    europeans' attitude for jews has ranged from neutral to hateful, depending on century. in germany it just peaked because of hitler's teachings and actions. and lasted for a decade or less.

notice he said typically.
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 30 2005, 04:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 30 2005, 04:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> educate yourself? its a part of our planet just like every other place and has its own history. of course if <u>you</u> dont care then suit yourself.

this applies to everything else as well by the way, not just africa. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You’re absolutely right, I don't care about African history other then what I mentioned above.

I could care less what other people want to learn on their own time, however I firmly believe European history should be taught before African history in our schools. Our own American history courses do a damn good job of covering slavery and the civil rights movement IMO, and before our kids learn about the history of a virtually ineffective continent they should learn about the history of the nations that created America as we know it today.

I would prefer Native American history before this crap.
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-reasa+Jun 30 2005, 06:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (reasa @ Jun 30 2005, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I would prefer Native American history before this crap. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Better make it fast then, since it will soon become part of the field of archeology.
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    I think this is stupid. European and American History have had substantially more effect on 99% of Americans than African History has. They also prepare people to be better citizens and voters than African History would. As for African-American History, since race issues have been such a large part of American History, that it should be taught as a part of American History.

Personally, I believe that European and American History should be required, while African History should be, at most, an elective.

<!--QuoteBegin-reasa+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (reasa)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Of course any black person who asks for reparations today is being incredibly selfish and arrogant and basically trying to profit off of the work of their long dead ancestors which they nether know nor care about.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How's this for a blanket statement? Or were you being sarcastic?