You Whinners Make Me Want To Vomit....

Ben128Ben128 Join Date: 2002-06-21 Member: 808Members, Constellation
edited November 2002 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">I've been to nice to these morons.</div> Sweet Tap Dancing Christ learn how to play people. They game was balanced. It was harder to learn for aliens, but noooooooooooo. You can't let it be and take the time to learn..instead its "oh god, the marines are toooo strong" and now that they took the time to patch it..you still whine "nooooo the aliens are too strong" AND WHILE YOU COMPLAIN about how the aliens are too strong you whine that the Seige Turrets are too powerful.

Kharaa are made for offensive fast play. Marines are better at building up defense and moving on. This patch was fine, but not really needed. <b>** watch your tone, you've now been warned**</b> Now you wont even take the time to learn anything, you want a game of two identical sides that have no advantages over each other. Its no different from any early mod. The seige turrets beats some butt, but its also rather expensive and very weak. The marines have to be doing rather good to get one up and running in a offensive area. They seige is great, but its slow...alien players are doing rather bad if they start to lose because of a few seige turrets. Its just what its called seige!!!!!. I think at times the range is kinda big, but not insanely so, or even unbalanced. so far the rounds i have played have been balanced. Alot of players are slowly(morons or course take a while to learn) learning that is no longer so easy to be a marine, you have to think a littler harder than you did. Aliens are tougher, but not indestructible by any means. use your advantages to win. Like in any RTS, there is always something to counter something else.

Comments

• MadjaiMadjai Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2986Members
    word, and remember dev's... you can't please everyone, so if YOU think everythings okay, leave it. dont let people push you around.
  • EpyonEpyon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2255Members
    Gee that sounded a lot like WHINING.
  • RydiakRydiak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4097Members
    I personally think that devs should run the game, not the people. If devs make the game how THEY want it, and people moan and complain, tough **obscenity**. Those people better learn how to adapt.

I've seen one too many mods go down the drain due to people whining, always wanting to get their own way. I'm a long-time follower of The Wastes (another mod for HL), and what we always say there if someone complains or demands to get something implemented is, "You want it, you make it!". So to all those players who just <b>HAVE</b> to get their way, you better learn how to program, because hopefully these devs at NS are smarter than to bend over backwards for you.

*/vent off*
  • Ben128Ben128 Join Date: 2002-06-21 Member: 808Members, Constellation
    edited November 2002
    My disclaimer here is that I beleive there are more smart, good NS players than idiot ones. its just that the stupid ones scream the loudest. Those of you that have made good suggestions and offered actually insight instead of endless b****ing I really respect.

Right now there is alot of good ideas for the seige turret. I have heard more expensive upgrades, make it act as a level 2 turret, so that you have to upgrade a SG for it, and i have heard even placeing markers for artillery fire, which i actually thought about and really liked.

Oh ya, and do the math before you Dumb****es say things like "it took 1000 rounds to kill (blank) kharaa". That is total BS. The game has set numbers. It takes a set number of rounds to kill everthing. If you did the math you could figure it out, and if you are any good at calculus you can take into account the spread and know at what distance each number of rounds will take to kill a motionless target.

<b>** you're lucky you posted twice before I saw this, keep up the tone and you're out of here **</b>
  • XentorXentor Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5877Members
    Nah, the key is finding a balance... I'm talking about the ideas, not the game balance...

I've designed games, though admittedly nothing nearly this large (I'm mostly into business programming)... You NEED feedback to make a good, fun game, simply because different people have different tastes... The trick is to separate the mindless bickering and whining from the real feedback and analysis.
  • LokusLokus Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2106Members
    Yeah it does sound like whining but it could also be whinning.

Also I've never heard anyone complain about aliens being too strong and the siege cannon in one breath. Or even the same person ever.
  • Malice_101Malice_101 Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3389Members
    edited November 2002
    Actually the patch <b>was</b> nessecary. Massive lag and mighty resource bug anyone?

Personally, I would have been happy with just those 2 issues fixed. The others were not really needed but hell, a little experimentation never hurt anyone....

Except for those clones I grew as a hobby.

/me produces whip.

Back Bobo! Back! Into the fruit cellar with you!
  • NightShadeNightShade Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2219Members
    Ok most people who whine i agree. but some states fact. skill dont mean **obscenity** when you got lots of acid flying and nothing u can do about it but hope the aliens are noobs. If you think the game is fine like this then you are stupid **obscenity** **obscenity** that needs to be shot. because i just tested all day and saw the bull **obscenity** that aliens can do now. Aliens should not be a range class. they should be upclose and deadly. But now that aliens are super powerful you got jerks who say get skill. I say screw you
  • ReaperReaper Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3649Members
    don't be so picky, when he talks about the patch he's talking about BALANCE CHANGES, since that's what his entire message was about.
    edited November 2002
    Malice is what I mean by a good person. See...he uses the ole nogin. Many don't. *sigh*. Ah well, this game is still god incarnate.

I have an idea actually...we should, instead of blaming each other maybe, have matches that are setup to prove our points to each other in the game. hec , there is already a set match forum. Why not, they we came say "ok, I proved it to you in the game, now you see". So if you want to prove to me that there is an inbalance in the game I am more than ready to attempt to prove you wrong.

in the words of the old school "put your money where your mouth is"
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey Ben, stop whining.....<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    see above posts
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ok most people who whine i agree. but some states fact. skill dont mean **obscenity** when you got lots of acid flying and nothing u can do about it but hope the aliens are noobs. If you think the game is fine like this then you are stupid **obscenity** **obscenity** that needs to be shot. because i just tested all day and saw the bull **obscenity** that aliens can do now. Aliens should not be a range class. they should be upclose and deadly. But now that aliens are super powerful you got jerks who say get skill. I say screw you<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--> Dude I thought your agree with me. That the patch only need to change the lag and team balaced issues. Come on nightshade.

PS flattery will get you no where.
  • BillBill Join Date: 2002-08-08 Member: 1108Members
    edited November 2002
    Eh any point you might have had has been buried in excessive unneccesary flaming. This thread is pointless and quite offensive considering Flayra himself said that flames should not ever be posted on this board(back when there was a moments peace occasionally). It's the devs game and they would not have patched it up if they thought it wasn't neccesary.
  • NightShadeNightShade Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2219Members
    edited November 2002
    Ok who makes what sever whatever. Lets test ourself and see what we think. 2 aliens 2 humans.<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Malice is what I mean by a good person. See...he uses the ole nogin. Many don't. *sigh*. Ah well, this game is still god incarnate.

I have an idea actually...we should, instead of blaming each other maybe, have matches that are setup to prove our points to each other in the game. hec , there is already a set match forum. Why not, they we came say "ok, I proved it to you in the game, now you see". So if you want to prove to me that there is an inbalance in the game I am more than ready to attempt to prove you wrong.

in the words of the old school "put your money where your mouth is"
    Hey Ben, stop whining.....

see above posts
    Ok most people who whine i agree. but some states fact. skill dont mean **obscenity** when you got lots of acid flying and nothing u can do about it but hope the aliens are noobs. If you think the game is fine like this then you are stupid **obscenity** **obscenity** that needs to be shot. because i just tested all day and saw the bull **obscenity** that aliens can do now. Aliens should not be a range class. they should be upclose and deadly. But now that aliens are super powerful you got jerks who say get skill. I say screw you
    Dude I thought your agree with me. That the patch only need to change the lag and team balaced issues. Come on nightshade.

PS flattery will get you no where<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes i was upset. But i just tired of crying about things. just like everyone else. I am also tired of going to a game with aliens making fun of humans saying how it feels. This game is suppose to be about fun. not to make people **obscenity**. I never saw NOT ONE TIME someone say gg aliens that was fun. I am sorry for flames and being upset. we all love this game and want the best for it
    edited November 2002
    Ah bill is right. I did flame. And its not very nice. But man, some of this stuff goes beyond.......arg. I just dont want this mod to get messed up. I dont think it will, but if only the loud are heard and not the smart...what will happen.

anyways, I apoligize.
  • FantasmoFantasmo Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7369Members
    Another thread stating the same thing as 3 other threads currently active on the forums.

Look, let the complainers complain and enjoy the game yourself. You think this post is gonna change any minds? All you are doing is spreading animosity between those who think it is balanced and those who do not (They are not Morons, they just don't understand). A more useful thing for you to do is to create understanding by posting tactical suggestion for those who feel an aspect is inbalanced and counter their senseless dribble with hard tactical facts. Instead you dribble senselessly back.

I understand it is frustrating but if you felt the need to express yourself why not in a thread of the same topic where everybody else is expressing themselves?

I've had just about enough of these threads, almost as much as I have had enough of whinning inbalance threads.

I wouldn't be writing here at all if it wasn't for the fact that I vote this thread be CLOSED by a Mod.

*Sheesh*
This discussion has been closed.