Ns On Cs:cz Test

SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Need people with CS:CZ, but NOT HL1 ONLY</div> Here, do this for me if you DO NOT own HL1.

1. Create a shortcut to any game in your play games list.

2. right click it and click "Properties"

3. Replace the target with this: <!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game "ns"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2--> (<span style='color:red'>Note that you need to edit it to point toward your steam location</span>)

4. Go to your accounts folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL_HERE)

5. Make a new folder called "half-life"

6. Copy ALL of the files from the Condition Zero folder to the half-life folder, EXCEPT cstrike and czero folders.

7. install ns to your new half-life folder, and click the icon you made on your desktop.

Thanks, this is all just a big test so it might not work. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OWN HALF-LIFE 1, BUT YOU DO OWN CONDITION ZERO.

Comments

• urinalcakeurinalcake Can&#39;t work a sound card United States Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Members
    It's going to be hard finding someone who owns CZ but not HL1, because most of the people that buy CZ were CSers, and when you buy HL1 now, it comes with CS.

:/ Good luck finding one on these forums too.
  • SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation
    edited June 2005
    Well... I've been messing around with shortcut properties and I think I've found a way to get ns to work with cz, for those that don't have hl1. I will edit my install tutorial accordingly. =)

Edit: Okie, it's there.. I'm 95% sure it will work.
  • JarodJarod Join Date: 2005-03-21 Member: 45989Members
    Ask Akisohida for this, he has cs:cz but not hl1. Just tried all the things I knew and could think of to make NS work on his system after it had stopped (after the hl engine update?)