Where Are The Servers?

DarlcZDarlcZ Join Date: 2005-06-06 Member: 53251Members
where do i go to play ns? when i launch ns and click find servers... all i c is nothing -.- where to go to play this game? plz tell me

Comments

• OrionStarOrionStar Join Date: 2005-01-30 Member: 39121Members
    Hi,

do you get an error message like "could not connect to the master server"? Or do you just see an empty list? Can you see the servers when you launch steam's "Servers"-Window outside NS and set the Game filter to "Natural Selection"? Normally when your internet connection is working and all filters in the "Find Servers"-Dialog are off, you should see the servers. Could also be a firewall-problem - do you have a software-firewall which doesn't know hl.exe?
  • GeneralleetGeneralleet Join Date: 2005-06-04 Member: 53154Members
    do you have any filters on? like maby you were playing CS and searched for people playing de_aztec, it saves onto it and goes to other mods so check that.
  • BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Members, Constellation
    There is a problem when looking in the real Steam-server list, then looking into an in-game one - it returns no results... Try clearing the old list, taking all the filters off.
  • Lt_PatchLt_Patch Join Date: 2005-02-07 Member: 40286Members
    Open up Natural Selection, and click on "Find Servers".

Opening the server browser in-game actually removes any custom filters that were not applied in the game you are running, so your CS filters will not affect your NS ones.

Make sure you haven't set your filters too tightly, pings of <150 are very much playable games.

After checking all of them, just click "Refresh All". and the servers should appear in your list.