Mp3 Woes

PromoCLPromoCL Join Date: 2004-03-31 Member: 27620Members
<div class="IPBDescription">target_mp3audio's refuse to play</div> Hey. In my first foray into NS mapping after ages of singleplayer HL1, I've hit a bump. Ambient_generics work fine, but I cant seem to get my target_mp3audios to play. They simply dont work when the map loads. Below is how a typical one is set up, I'm probably just filling out one of the fields wrong (I've been treating them just like ambient generics).

What Ive got in one of my broken mp3audios
============================
Name: (none)
Sound: ambience/forcefield1.mp3
Volume: 255
Fade Distance: 1000

Ive also got the flags "looping" and "start on" checked.

Im probably just doing something stupid in the entity setup, could someone wise in the ways of NS mapping point out what Ive done?

Thanks.

Comments

• prsearleprsearle Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2365Members, Constellation
    This <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75248' target='_blank'>stickied post</a> in the <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showforum=34' target='_blank'>mapping help and troubleshooting forum</a> says this:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Unlike the ambient_generic which automaticly looks for the *.wav files in the "/sound" directory. The target_mp3audio starts in the main mod directory.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So I guess you should be using "sound/ambience/forcefield1.mp3" instead.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    You ought to also give them names, as they can be temperamental if you don't.
  • PromoCLPromoCL Join Date: 2004-03-31 Member: 27620Members
    Thanks, sorry for not checking the stickies first. I always forget about the subforums.