Custom Player Models

TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Reload animations spazzing out...</div> This is going to sound like a noob question, but how can I fix this? I'm using custom models for just about everything in NS. Brig's light Marine and a black reskinned Heavy are the ones I'm having problems with. They either don't have or aren't set up correctly to use to the 3.0 reload animations, so they end up simply spazzing out when the animation should be playing. I'm allergic to the defaults, so I was wondering if anyone here can help me out and tell me how to fix these models to work with 3.0's reload animations. Also, does the p_model for the guns make any difference to this?

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    edited June 2005
    Decompile the new 3.0 model with the reload animations, and the old 1.04+ animations. Take out the reload animation .smd's and copy them to the 1.04 model directory. Now open the 3.0 model .qc file, and copy all the $sequence lines. Paste them over the 1.04+ model's .qc file's $sequence lines, save, and compile it. Should work fine unless its on custom animatons.

*edit* And easier way if this is too complex, instead of picking out the individual .smd's, just copy all the animations over except for the refrence model (the biggest sized .smd) and replace them all, and continue with the copying of the $sequence lines from there.
  • TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks much. This will definitely come in handy in the future as well, when I'm changing models yet AGAIN.