[tut] Creating Peewees

DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
<div class="IPBDescription">modeling knowlage required</div> Since I want to sleep, and its rather simple but most modellers dont seem to know how, I'll just write a quick tutorial on how to do peewees for your weapons.

First, import your v_model. Cut off the arms, and (if you want) make it low poly using the direct x mesh tools (just dont go overboard) and it can keep the quality, but not the uber insane polycount. Sometimes direct x mesh tools dont work right, but thats ok, dont worry about it too much because 9/10 people have good enough computers to run 3k poly peewees. Now, decompile the original peewee model to the replacement your doing (p_hmg, or something to that degree) and import the refrence into milkshape. Now you have your p_hmg (or whatever gun, i'll just use p_hmg as the refrence the rest of the time, all the guns are basicly the same) and your model for your new peewee. Move your new model into the hmg model, make sure the grips line up, the rest dont matter too much. This way, the hand will hold the grips without clipping. You can go back and adjust the stock to fit later, but it shouldent clip bad.

Now, assign the new model to the bone the hmg is on, and then delete the hmg. Save the refrence, and compile using the decompiled model for the p_hmg

Now that you have your p_ model finished, lets move onto the w_

This is extremly easy. Create one single bone and use the model you used for the P_ model. Now just rotate the gun and put it in the center of the grid like its laying on the ground. The verymost middle will be your 'ground' on the Y axis, so put the gun just above it. Rotate the gun around, take the clip out and sit it ontop of the gun, whatever makes it look pretty just sitting there (example would be the clips sitting on my SK-313.) Now assign the model to the single joint, and compile it. In jeds, check 'show ground' box to see if its going to sit on the ground right. If all is good, pop it ingame and check it out. If not, just adjsut the origins and that should save you some moving things around.

Hopefully that clears things up for some of you, I'll do screenshots tomorow. For now, goodnight.