How To Place Structures On The Top Bar As A Comm?

sp0inKsp0inK Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42779Members
Theres a little bar on the top of the screen whenever your a commander, i was wondering how do you place structures such as the observatory, arms lab, etc on it.

Oh yeah, another thing how do you set waypoints in maps, theres also other stuff like setting a point to weld, protect structure etc. How do you do all this

Comments

• A_Boojum_SnarkA_Boojum_Snark Join Date: 2003-09-07 Member: 20628Members
    The bar at the top is for squad groups. Select a structure or group of marines, then hold crouch and press a number, 1 through 5. Then you simply need to hit this number alone to re-select that group.

Waypoints, select any number of marines and rightclick somewhere (just like in most RTS games). The special waypoint are automaticly given if the situation is right. If the structure is damaged, you will give a weld WP. If it is unbuilt, you will give a build WP, and so on.
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    Does this work with the KeyPad?

- with Num Lock on?
    - with Num Lock off?
    - with movement keys (L, R, F, B) and reload, for example bound to them?

(I would obviously check this if I could right now)
  • meepmeep Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26034Members
    edited May 2005
    The keys to group in default config are control + 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. But this is misleading. It's actually the "binds" that you need to worry about. To create a group on the top bar, have a building or a group of marines selected and then hold your "+duck" key and hit a weapon slot key (from slot1 to slot5). If you want this to work with the numpad, your numpad keys will have to be bound to slot#s. As expected, +duck + slot1 will create a group on button 1, +duck + slot2 will create a group on button 2, etc.
  • BallistoBallisto Join Date: 2003-05-19 Member: 16503Members
    <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93442' target='_blank'>Clicky for guide!</a>

I find it quite handy to keep the Obs on 1 and the Arms lab on 2. That way you can quickly scan/beacon without returning your screen to base, and you can easily check to see if upgrades are done yet - and then get the next one.
  • typical_skeletontypical_skeleton Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13944Members
    ^ Correct.

Have fun commandoring.