Confirmation Emails To Yahoo Not Flying

LarryCLarryC Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19177Members
<div class="IPBDescription">All other emails work fine</div> This is so bazarr. All of a sudden out of nowhere the confirmation emails our website sends to new registrants will not get past Yahoo's mail server, without fail.

In the past we've had issues with HOTMAIL tossing our confirmation emails into a users junkmail folder, but never have we had a problem with our emails not getting through the mail server.

Any clue why, all of a sudden, emails from ugleague.org won't pass through Yahoo's email server? We have changed nothing on our end.

Comments

• DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited May 2005
    You've probablly been flagged as a spammer. That happens occassionally at work when a few of our customers forget they're actually paying us for the daily e-mails we send them and they report us as spammers... heh
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh&#33; Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-DOOManiac+May 24 2005, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (DOOManiac @ May 24 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You've probablly been flagged as a spammer. That happens occassionally at work when a few of our customers forget they're actually paying us for the daily e-mails we send them and they report us as spammers... heh <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes what he said, a friend of mine owned a huge mmorpg website and he was flagged as one before. Perhaps. =o
  • LarryCLarryC Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19177Members
    If such is the case, explain this then:

The site email address is blah@ugleague.org (which is one of my email addresses). Any account confirmation emails sent to yahoo addys never make it there. BUT, if I personally send the same yahoo user an email using the blah@ugleague.org address, the email goes through. So, <b>IF</b> it's sent through me it goes, and if it's sent through my website host's mail server it doesn't.

Wouldn't this discredit your claim that spam block was stopping it?
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    How do you personally send it from that address? If you send it through a different mail server, Yahoo can probably see the difference.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    He has the same email address as the site email, only he sends his from his computer, and the confirmation email goes through the webhost.
  • BlackMageBlackMage [citation needed] Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17474Members, Constellation
    <a href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/' target='_blank'>this link will save your life</a>