Pixel-perfect Crosshairs

QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">For Every Gun</div> For 1024x768 resolution.

AKA, the circle for LMG/HMG, SG pixel perfect, the pistol staying, HMG staying.

<3

Comments

• KaineKaine Join Date: 2002-08-07 Member: 1096Members, Constellation
    quick, someone! i think its trying to communicate!
  • SpacerSpacer Invented dogs Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 16008Members
    Yet again, Quaunaunt makes no sense.
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    he doesnt want his x hair to pixlate when he changse rez
  • MidicowMidicow Join Date: 2005-02-26 Member: 42621Members
    Or he might want rosshairs for the 1024x768 resolution that predicts where the shots on a ciertain weapon can go like the shotgun scatter crosshair?
  • JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    edited May 2005
    I think midicow is right. These are the ones I use, they are ugly, but they work and they are (as far as I can tell) accurate.

Tyr made the shotgun one (if I remember correctly), but the others I did with an elementary understanding of gradients and some free time (edit bmp, compile into sprite, load NS, test; tweak bmp, compile into sprite, load NS, test; etc; etc; etc).

Just install into "...\ns\sprites\" though you might want to backup weapon_shotgun.txt, weapon_pistol.txt, weapon_machinegun.txt, weapon_heavymachinegun.txt from that folder in case they really as ugly as I believe they are.

EDIT: The pistol is in there cause it does actually have a cone of fire, its just incredibly tight. I use the NS default for the GL so that wasn't included.