Wow I'm Hooked...

napinapi Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14172Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">... to wow!</div> well this is the first MMO i've been able to play properly - I beta'd SWG but being on ISDN it really wasn't pleasant... but now am on 1mb adsl, so went and got wow at the weekend. I havn't really been able to stop playing since!

First char was a troll hunter... but it was boring - the hunters aren't a lot of fun cause pets are just a pain. So restarted with a mate, and we both dwards - he a paladin, i'm a priest. got to lvl 12 so far - and i love it!

heehee. pointless post to be fair... just thought i'd tell you all i'm hooked
am on thunderhorn if any one else is and wants to donate to a newb =)

Comments

• AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    World of Warcraft is a feeling.
  • JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-AllUrHiveRblong2us+May 10 2005, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AllUrHiveRblong2us @ May 10 2005, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> World of Warcraft is a feeling. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Love is only a feeling
    Drifting away
    When I'm in your arms I start believing
    It's here to stay
    But love is only a feeling
    Anyway, anyway
  • SkySky Join Date: 2004-04-23 Member: 28131Members
    I don't like monthly payments. GW ftw.

Though I can't deny, WoW looks incredible.
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    WoW starts getting boring for me around the low 30s. There's too much grinding and too many of the same types of quests. Character progression gets pretty slow and character customization is basically limited to race, class, server type and talents (talents will determine every other part of your character, like equipment). The combat system doesn't have enough depth to compensate for all this, although it may be better in the end game.

Plus, all the ganking gets annoying.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Coming from a WoW-aholic, I must say: Congrats! Now join us who've seen the light, and play Guild Wars, alongside it.
  • ShoeboxShoebox Join Date: 2004-11-15 Member: 32817Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sky+May 10 2005, 03:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sky @ May 10 2005, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't like monthly payments. GW ftw.

Though I can't deny, WoW looks incredible. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yes WoW has devoured me in all its gloryness? ARG ACK!!
    anyway i was wondering if you did have to pay monthly for Guild Wars?
  • OmegamanOmegaman Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-AllUrHiveRblong2us+May 10 2005, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AllUrHiveRblong2us @ May 10 2005, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> World of Warcraft is a feeling. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <i>World of Warcraft is a feelliiing
    Whoo neeeds a soocial liiiiffe?</i>