Forums Search Feature Does Not Work For Me!

DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
I was told to post this here, so this is what I am doing. The forums search feature doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't matter whether I just the search at the top of the forums, or the box at the bottom, neither work, and they never have. I either get an error telling my I have done something wrong, or I get a very long pause, a "Done" at the bottom of my browser and a blank screen.

While I am on the topic of searches, please configure the forums to allow three letter word searches. There are many many many many searches that I have tried to make that return error messages because I am using a three letter word, and they are all legit searches for something other than the word "and", or "the". "fgd" for example is a three letter "word" I have tried to search, but have been unable to because of the ridiculous limitation on the search feature.

Comments

• Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members
    I've been having problems with the forum search function for months.

There are actualy 2 kinds of search functions. I've been told a long time ago to use the one at the very bottom.
  • JaspJasp Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13076Members
    I have the same problem, try using the top search and limiting the amount of forums you search in and reduce the length of the search to 1 month max.

I think thier are still a few bugs from when the server got moved.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There are actualy 2 kinds of search functions. I've been told a long time ago to use the one at the very bottom.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same, the old forum top search never worked an old bug that was never fixed.
  • DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
    Neither the top nor the bottom search functions work for me and never have, before or after the move. It doesn't matter how I limit the search either.