New Dvd-rom Hate

illuminexilluminex Join Date: 2004-03-13 Member: 27317Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">WTH, mate.</div> So, I went out and banged down $50 on the Sony DDU 1622 (yes, I know, I overpaid, shut up). The connections are fine, the drive runs, but it works....wierd. The drive will not work with CD's or DVD's, instead telling me that there is no disc in the drive or that the disc is not in the right format.

I have installed and reinstalled PowerDVD more than enough times to rule out an issue with that software package.

The problem seems to be with the drive itself. No drivers or firmware are available for it. I'm not sure if I should return it, or if there's some avenue I haven't tried yet.

Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• DaJMastaDaJMasta Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34750Members, Constellation
    ever heard of a RMA?

dosent sound good, I had a nice dvd drive for a while (MSI made) and when it decided to stop reading disks i opened it up to try and fix it, mine was a problem with the reader head I believe, needless to say I couldnt fix it, so I bought a 30 dollar artec drive and its lasted me.

Im actually looking to upgrade my drive soon, found a new DVD burner OEM versions at newegg for 50....
  • Seph_KimaraSeph_Kimara Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19359Members
    Just return and exhange it.