Zee Poo Dyba

illuminexilluminex Join Date: 2004-03-13 Member: 27317Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">I wish I had sound samples.</div> Zee Poo Dyba was a silly, tape-based music production anti-art art project developed by two people. I only knew one of them, Poof, but what little I heard of Zee Poo Dyba was very strange indeed.

They constructed a very strange <a href='http://www.angelfire.com/boybands/zeepoodyba/' target='_blank'>website</a>, which is meaningless to the point of actually having a point. An odd contradiction, I know, but the project had a strange affect on their friendship. As the Zee Poo Dyba project continued, Poof and Luke (I recall the other member's real name) began to be openly hostile and hateful towards one another. Their relationship, as well as the various relationships surrounding them, began to suffer. In an act of desperation, they killed the Zee Poo Dyba project.

Somewhere on the website is a link to the "record label" that Poof runs. I was a member of both Evolution of Humanity and Gothicize Sabbatia, neither of which are actually available for download, due to various reasons, mainly being that the only copies of those projects are on tape.

The label is mostly focused on noise, anti-art art crap, etc. I have lost contact with pretty much anyone involved in that scene, but I do recall some very funny music from some of the projects. I wish that Stomp was up there; 5 of them were in a basement at a Mass college, wherein it was a long concrete corridor that rounded a corner and just ended. They recorded themselves smashing and banging various things for like 45 minutes.

Anyways, just rediscovered the existence of the website and the label, and just passing some stuff onto you guys. If I ever get those tapes uploaded onto the computer, I'll make sure to post some links. Some of that stuff was absolutely hilarious.

Comments