Official Sig & Avatar Image Post

Comments

• BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Members, Constellation Posts: 893
    QUOTE (Nil IQ @ Aug 7 2005, 06:37 PM)
    How the hell do you guys make such beautiful sigs?? My best attempt would make my current one look like a turner prize winner...

I usually find some people use a source image (that they hopefully made themselves), crop it, downsize it, rotate it, etc... Until they have what they want.

Photoshop is a definite need. If you need, just ask here - someone (or me) will make you a signature. Just say what you want in it!
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons! Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation Posts: 1,369
    edited July 2006
    A DIFFERENT FORUM IS INVADING MY ACCOUNT!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

:preemptiveedit: yes, my avatar is dryhumping the air.

:edit: wow, was I really the last one to post here before the forums went down?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 5,161 Fully active user
    QUOTE(Breakthrough @ Aug 7 2005, 12:37 PM) »

It's actually the left side, I flipped the image so it would look better.

:'<
    Q: Is your goal to make everything picked the same amount of times? (from j.walsh)
    A: I don't think about it that way exactly. Sure it's good if there is a nice distribution and that is something to work towards, but really the goal in DotA's development is, first and foremost, to make the gameplay quality the best it can be. It is the combination of all the heroes, items and mechanics together that makes DotA what it is and not the individual elements alone. Sometimes that means certain things are carefully adjusted to be more frequent than others, sometimes it doesn't, but ultimately the main judge of a game's quality is not in some artificial balance metric, but in the overall gameplay quality and depth that it has.
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation Posts: 1,060 Advanced user
    Yeah, check that bad boy out asrifle.gif
    priori catcop
  • Mr_HeadcrabMr_Headcrab Squee&#33;~ Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9392Members, Constellation Posts: 2,223
    Ah, good to be back, and here's an updated cwab for the occasion
    Im not vicious, I just want a hug.
    user posted image
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 5,161 Fully active user
    anyone have the "i am 22kb" sigs saved by any chance?
    Q: Is your goal to make everything picked the same amount of times? (from j.walsh)
    A: I don't think about it that way exactly. Sure it's good if there is a nice distribution and that is something to work towards, but really the goal in DotA's development is, first and foremost, to make the gameplay quality the best it can be. It is the combination of all the heroes, items and mechanics together that makes DotA what it is and not the individual elements alone. Sometimes that means certain things are carefully adjusted to be more frequent than others, sometimes it doesn't, but ultimately the main judge of a game's quality is not in some artificial balance metric, but in the overall gameplay quality and depth that it has.
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation Posts: 1,369
    edited August 2006
    :edit: I've moved on since this post...
    Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members Posts: 1,056 Advanced user
    dood eet wurk? ya?
    www.oldf.net
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation Posts: 1,369
    Durn rollback...

Anywho, blah blah blah, Dawn of War rocks, I made an avatar of one of the units.
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • Mr_HeadcrabMr_Headcrab Squee&#33;~ Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9392Members, Constellation Posts: 2,223
    dang, with the default schemek, my cwabby looks like poo
    Im not vicious, I just want a hug.
    user posted image
  • BlackMageBlackMage [citation needed] Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17474Members, Constellation Posts: 3,199
    yay! png with alpha!
    ( ゚ ヮ゚) I like mittens!
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members Posts: 4,832 Advanced user
    QUOTE(Black_Mage @ Sep 17 2006, 01:34 PM) »

yay! png with alpha!

Mad dope.
    zGVPR2v.gif
    If you can't tell what my avatar is, you fail at RTS gaming and should be shot.
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 7,221 Advanced user
    Check out my new av/sig combo.
    __________Artist: asuka111 | The Flood | www.quaunaut.com
  • SidSid Corwid of the Free Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12903Members, Constellation Posts: 2,778
    Oh yeah. Take a gander at this baby!
    Playing Since Beta 1.0 <3
    Deviant Art Account
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 5,602
    new sig/ava, not sure if i like it or not.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members Posts: 6,411 Fully active user
    QUOTE(NEO_Phyte @ Sep 23 2006, 01:14 PM) »

If you can't tell what my avatar is, you fail at RTS gaming and should be shot.

So shoot me - but first tell me what it is!
    modNS Forums - NS1 and NS2: We Wrote The Book On NS Moddingimage
  • adulusadulus Join Date: 2005-06-29 Member: 54950Members Posts: 33
    Imperial Guard Commisar, if I'm not mistaken.
    Comprox ninja-deleted my sig and all I got was this stupid T-shirt.
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos Posts: 2,589 Advanced user
    You can probably guess what game I've been playing ^__^.
    毎日勉強したら上手になるよ
  • Owen1Owen1 Join Date: 2003-04-13 Member: 15457Members Posts: 2,613
    Full metal panic'd...

I'm not totally happy with this, might darken it up a tad
    IPB Image
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 6,615 admin
    QUOTE(KungFuDiscoMonkey @ Nov 29 2006, 07:52 PM) »

You can probably guess what game I've been playing ^__^.

OOOOGLY! tounge.gif
    NAPT
  • SidSid Corwid of the Free Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12903Members, Constellation Posts: 2,778
    edited December 2006
    *Cough*It would be nice if someone could maybe fix up my sig, mayle. >.> With better transparencies...*Cough!*
    Playing Since Beta 1.0 <3
    Deviant Art Account
  • JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation Posts: 3,174
    Go, Christmas hats!

Also, Sid, what exactly's wrong with it?
    I has skulk.
    Debating starting on a fatteh.
    ┌╥┐
    â•ž
    ♥╡
    └╨┘
  • SteveRSteveR Join Date: 2006-12-25 Member: 59239Members, Constellation Posts: 96
    Oh Em Gee! NS forums back!

Seems like this is a good place to make my first post in three years!

Probably been a lot of this avatar in the past but I haven't seen it before.
    I am an experienced thread killer. It's like an unwanted talent.
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members Posts: 10,081
    edited January 2007
    QUOTE(Sid @ Dec 8 2006, 12:51 PM) »

*Cough*It would be nice if someone could maybe fix up my sig, mayle. >.> With better transparencies...*Cough!*

I tried.

Before:
    IPB Image
    After:
    IPB Image

Well the text is messed up, so I'll give it another go...
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • BlackMageBlackMage [citation needed] Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17474Members, Constellation Posts: 3,199
    i got bored
    <--
    ( ゚ ヮ゚) I like mittens!
  • KhaimKhaim Join Date: 2002-06-28 Member: 841Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation Posts: 1,927
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos Posts: 2,589 Advanced user
    edited March 2007
    IPB Image
    IPB Image

I probably need to work on the sig but it's kinda hard to get much detail when it can only be 75 pixels tall tounge.gif

Also, Linux symbolic links for the win biggrin-fix.gif Makes it so much easier to change avatar/sig without updating several forums.
    毎日勉強したら上手になるよ
    edited April 2007
    remind me to check filesize limits next time i throw a new image under my posts...
    bleh, boringinated.
    ( ゚ ヮ゚) I like mittens!