Euro Servers Suffering From Lack Of Info?

TaaketaTaaketa Join Date: 2004-02-10 Member: 26357Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Some unupgraded NS servers</div> I was just poking around my steam and I noticed that quite a few ns servers over here in europe are not upgraded to .0.2

Theres even one thats still beta 5. So I'm wondering is the source of the problem a lack of european servers being assoicated with this website or just not enough intrest europe.

What do you think?

Comments

• CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited April 2005
    I don't think its been publicized very well. Unless you are looking at main front page you wouldn't know there was an update. Its not even been mentioned in the announcements forum.

It'd be good if there was an announcements mailing list like valve has.
  • SionSion Join Date: 2004-09-10 Member: 31572Members
    the problem comes from a lot of "cowboy" companies in the euro domain,

All the quality poroviders useually update there servers within a day or so of a patches release.

in some cases some people are even running the orginal beta of NS, for that bit of nostalgia.

There is plenty of interest in europe, just unfortunalty there are always going to be a few "naff" server companies, I'm sure it's the same all over the world
  • nogoodnicknamenogoodnickname Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46172Members
  • SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    Yes of course there are some whocares servers that were put up by idea from thinking 4s and thats all that is done for the server.