Skulk Wallwalking

ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Fixed in 3.1?</div> From the <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/bt/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000216&nbn=2#bugnotes' target='_blank'>bug database</a>:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Description    as a skulk, stand on the ground and look directly up, then press your +forward key. you will start to very lightly hop, as if you're trying to climb on the air. while on a ceiling, look down (doesn't have to be directly down) and press +forward. you will fall from the ceiling as if you pressed +duck to detach from the wall. it is difficult to climb on ceilings without falling off due to this behavior, and it is far more difficult to climb into holes in ceilings because of this.

also, skulks don't automatically stop wallwalking while on the floor, so they move more slowly or become snagged on certain floors. many players hold down or toggle +duck in order to prevent this.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Fixed as a result of resolving entry 0000972<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
972 seems to be a private bug, but does this mean that skulks can move "away" from walls now without desticking? Also, does it mean that wallwalking now stops on the floor(thus allowing bunnyhopping without +duck) as well?

Comments

• Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited April 2005
    We really can't say too much about this yet, since this touches a few developments that might be rolled back during testing. But yeah, if they stay in, that bug will essentially be nonexistant. Keep your eyes peeled.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    does this mean we may theoretically have skulks jumping off the walls? the way every second frigging I&S topic asks for?
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    That means I'm not going to give start to hopes I might later have to crush. No comment at this time.
  • SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation
    This means, for some people, no more starting your bunnyhopping with looking down at a certain angle.

This reminds me of a comedian.

Man was in a cold box. So he made a warm box. Then made noticed his food went bad faster inside of the warm box. so he made a cold box inside of the warm box inside the cold box. Then he noticed his butter was hard inside the cold box inside the warm box inside the cold box, so he made a warm box inside the cold box inside the warm box inside the cold box.

In other words, the engine is being hacked to allow all walls to be cllimbed, and then just the walls. Lol, it's kinda cool. props to the ns team if they can do it, I foresee hard core coding though.
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can&#39;t work a sound card United States Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Members
    Yeah, it would be pretty cool to be fixed, so we could press space and jump off a wall. o.O But again, whatever you and the devs do Nem, your choice, so good luck fixing it and all. I have no problem playing with it now, but just be reminded, its a major gameplay change.
  • GoDlolGoDlol Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33703Members
    I hope this wouldnt add to the already bugged skulk hitboxes when they are on walls.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    so would the hitboxes in ns:source still have the same problem? Since half-life2 doesn't have per poly detection?
  • DarkFrostDarkFrost Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15154Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-aeroripper+Apr 7 2005, 02:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (aeroripper @ Apr 7 2005, 02:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> so would the hitboxes in ns:source still have the same problem? Since half-life2 doesn't have per poly detection? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Um.. nor does half-life, half-life 2 can't even do human shaped hitboxes well, don't hope for much there =]