Super Skulks, The Growing Trend

DroneFraggerDroneFragger Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34101Members
<div class="IPBDescription">how many skulks do you need on a team?</div> i was playing Ns on The pfff calan server (its got e-frag infront of it though) and this amazing thing hapopened, that screwed the game up:

time : 7:00
No. of skulks: 9-10
No. of anything else: 0-1 (i was the damn gorge)(and later i was fade, but no one else was)
No. of heavies: 2
No: of jpers : 3-5 (wasn't counting)

And the aliens got there **** caned. The more co games i play in, the more i realise how many people go "super skulks" ie, skulks with all ups, minus the ones they hate, so that by 7 minutes you have a team of skulks, with very little health, versus a bunch of Jpers and heavies with level 3 hmgs and gls, which means you die in 3 shots as a skulk.
Has anyone else noticed this, and are there any things, other than experiance(because pro players also go fade before anything else, to get LOADS of exp)
to counter this.

Comments

• SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    Yes its amazing how you see 1 or 2 jps and 1 or 2 fades allthou all the best players allways have them....
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    At first I thought you were talking about classic and I looked and saw heavies and jetpacks at 7:00 and I was going to tell you that the lack of higher life forms isn't the reason you lost.

Anyway, they key to winning co as aliens is balance. You want a gorge with web, a lerk, a few fades, an onos, and the rest as xeno skulks. Then you can counter any threat that the marines pose with very few problems.
  • c4tc4t Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20619Members
    focus leaping skulks are handy for jetpcaks, also a good lerk. and a few onos just to take out the has and the jetpackers, since its insanely easy to gore and devour some jps on some co mapes.
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    I have noticed this. If I'm not near the top of the alien scoreboard (my position varies drastically from one game to the next) then I will tell the rest of my team that there are too many skulks (assuming it is the case), and that someone needs to go fade or onos. I always go lerk, then redemption, then onos, so I get out of being a skulk as soon as possible.