Resource Towers - Key To Victory

MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Defending and Killing</div> This probably belongs in both strat forums, and although this is a point that has always been brought up, a lot of players focus on fragging, get outrageous kill scores, and STILL wonder why they lost.

Today. Tanith. Alien hive sat. Marines cap RR, West, Waste, then set up a PG in chemical in preparation to push into satellite using mines and an obs for wallhack.

5 minute mark. 4 players fade. Realised big mistake, no one saving for hive. 1 of the fades die shortly as 3 fades, a lerk and 4 skulks try to blitz chem and get shotgunned and mined to death.

I was the other fade. Instead of rushing suicidally, I took out west and waste rts. Then, I took out RR. This was with the aid of a skulk, and a gorge started to infest RR. Marines now only have MS and chemical.

6 minute mark. HMGs appear, battle still rages on in chemical like some twisted NS version of CO. Marines make 3 attempts to take RTs. I denied them all.

7 minute mark. FR is upped.

12 minute mark. Waste is upped. I deny another 3 more attempts on res capture.
Bile bomb and leap clear out chemical.

15 minute mark. Xeno, AR, Onos = GG.

Moral of the story: When marines are pressuring somewhere, AND your team is holding its own, 1-2 players who go and hunt res down can win the game. While skulks are ideally suited to this, marines will out-class them. If your team can spare the fade, dedicate a fade to the 'far-side' to deny res.

Comments

• EvocationEvocation Join Date: 2005-02-10 Member: 40647Members
    Did you tell your team this? Cause from what you said, your team is more or less stat****s or something, and don't really know a 'strategy'. If you make them aware of you contributing so much, and playing that way is optimal for maximum alien performance, it'll be so much better
  • SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    Yupp Ns is all about rt and rt control,

<span style='color:red'><i><u>keep em or die without em</u></i></span>
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    The commander was an idiot then, keeping his marines at Chem for so long. I wouldn't assault sat comm until later, maybe leaving 2 marines to pin skulks down inside the hive while the rest of the team caps the rest of the map, gets a phase up at Cargo and waste, and watch for any attempts to put up the second hive. The commander ALWAYS has a chance to win if aliens have only one hive. Once the second hive goes up, it's almost always an alien win (assuming the marines don't have liek 300 res stored up and have teched everything). That comm should've scanned the other hives occasionally, and concentrated on killing the building hive, or preventing the hive from being dropped in the first place.