A Simpe Marine Strat

monk3ymonk3y Join Date: 2003-10-30 Member: 22139Members
CROUCH YOU MORON!!!

in the beginning of a game, you have 0 armor, you walk around with your squad in straight line, then you hear a chompin noise, and a couple marines in front are dead, then another then there is only one marine that stands between you and the skulk. If the marine crouched, you could have fired at the skulk and save his life but he deson't know and is killed, then the skulk kills you =P

so remember marines, when in a firefight! ALWAYS CROUCH SO MARINES BEHINDD you cAN SHOOT!!!

Comments

• FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    Or better yet, hit the 90 hp skulk with at least some of your 50 bullets.

But yeah, crouching is more pro then you think.
  • monk3ymonk3y Join Date: 2003-10-30 Member: 22139Members
    you cant hit teh skulk because another marine is blocking your shots..

just crouch.. its very effective in firefights
  • Vader6Vader6 Join Date: 2004-11-07 Member: 32684Members
    edited March 2005
    so is strafing while firing, or finding some cover that is just short enough to shoot over.
  • RushakraRushakra Join Date: 2004-03-25 Member: 27523Members
    If you are in a group of Marines, and you cannot see any of them infront of you.. <b><i>you should be crouching.</i></b> Crouch = group damage output increased >50%!
  • Real_PUAReal_PUA Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46255Members
    Or you can move around and make it harder for the skulk to bite you. I suppose it depends on the situation, but I prefer to save my own skin.
  • AmbrosekAmbrosek Join Date: 2003-12-06 Member: 24018Members
    Moron movement:

A group of marine facing a single skull

Those who are infront jump back.
    Those at the back move forward.
    Those infront miss their shots cuz those at the back block their a*s
    Those at the back miss their shots cuz blocking.
    So 1 single skull ripe out half of the team
  • afratnikovafratnikov Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18931Members
    The skulk has to be pretty smart to attack so the first marine blocks all the marine's shots in the back...
    Anyway, i guess crouching helps when the skulk is a good distance away. If the skulk is right next to the first marine, however, then he better jump around like crazy so the marines in the back have more time shootng at the biting skulk.
  • c4tc4t Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20619Members
    crouching is also an effective tactic in avoiding skulks, you can slide with crouch
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Crouching is very good for marine volley fire, and as most nubs don't duck, you can be fairly safe from being shot in the back by some nublet.
  • CamisaCamisa Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46060Members
    I saw 3 marines die in a firefight just because the ff was on