.so Files?

minitroupeminitroupe Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44464Members
edited March 2005 in General Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">what type?</div> Where do they go to make them work with amx mod? In with the .amxx files?

Also I am having the same problem as the other guy, with my server not showing up. I've added it to my list and joined it and run around and stuff, but my friend cant even manually add it. I am on a router, and so is he. We have both opened ports 27015. I can't think of what else to do.

Is everyone just ignoring me? Because the only way I get ANY response is by posting in the wrong thread or forum. I thought this was supposed to be a HELP forum where I ask questions and other people answer them...apparently its a me talk to myself forum. Unless I'm in the wrong spot. I'm sorry if its too much to just ask for help, from the place I'm supposed to get it. I mean come on, even the flipping people who developed the game won't help me. Is it because you think I'm stupid for asking questions which are obvious to you? Because I admit, I don't make a new damn server every flipping day. Its been a while, I need a little help. And I figured, what better place to come, than to the people who developed Ns. And since this IS the server help forum....If someone would kindly answer my questions to help me get the server acctually running how I want it, I will leave and never talk to any of you again. Otherwise you've just lost another persons support.

Comments

• eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try asking for help in www.modns.org forums.

Make your post in the general discussion area. That is where most of the server operators collaborate.
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    *.so files are the linux equivalent of windows *.dlls

if your running a windows server, you have no use for them. and amxmodx comes preconfigured for the server, all you have to do is extract the zip into your ns folder, then get the ns addon, extract it and overwrite the files that you just exracted and its installed.

then you have to edit the line in liblist.gam in your ns folder that says

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->gamedll "dlls\ns.dll"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

change it to..

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->gamedll "addons\metamod\metamod.dll"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

of course you have to have metamod installed for amxx to work.

www.metamod.org
  • minitroupeminitroupe Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44464Members
    edited March 2005
    Metamod IS installed.

And to clear this up real fast, all I have to do is put the .dll into the ns folder (I presume the one inside the amxx folder) and then change the liblist.gam thing, right?
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    um, your VERY confused.

after you extract all the amxx stuff, LEAVE IT AS IS!

then open your metamod folder, and create a file called "plugins.ini"

and add this line into it

win32 addons\amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_mm.dll

then save it and run hlds.

leave EVERYTHING where it was extracted to, do not move anything.
  • minitroupeminitroupe Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44464Members
    Umm I am confused, do you have IM? My sn is minitroupe84, It will take like 10 less years to clear this up than having to this all night.

But I got the dedicated server ns thing that has all of that setup, I just need to know where the .dll needs to go exactly. What folder, subfolder ect...