Ns_nothing Crashes When Starting Listen Server

ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
Ya.. so my listen server crashes when starting ns_nothing for some reason. It either A.) freezes or B.) crashes to desktop. I have tried reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help.

My computer specs are...
Pentium 4
2.67 GHz
512 Mb RAM
Nvidia Geforce MX440

Listen Server Specs!
Metamod
Rcbot
Whichbot
HiveMind
AMXmodX
Unstuck
Grapple for Gorge
PhaseEQ

I can load any map but this one. I can even join servers playing on ns_nothing and it works fine. It's just I can't get it to work on my listen server.

Comments

• VadakillVadakill The Almighty BSO Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 373Members, NS1 Playtester
    You have two bot programs, I think both of those need waypoint files in order to work. Have you tried removing just the bot programs and seeing if the map loads?
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I have the waypoints... but I disabled the bots and it works... bizarre. Thanks.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2005
    Taking Whichbot off fixes it... but I think WBs are the smartest bots.. Hmm... may be the waypoints messing up the maps? I'll try and fix it.

EDIT - And it possible to fix by replacing Whichbot Waypoint (ns_nothing.wpt) with RCbot Waypoint (ns_nothing.rcw) and renaming to ns_nothing.wpt.

It now works perfectly.