Ipod Mini, Take 2

2»

Comments

• SpacerSpacer Invented dogs Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 16008Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-MrMojo+Feb 24 2005, 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrMojo @ Feb 24 2005, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Allurhive just hates the iPod for some reason.

The iPod has good disk space, amazing design, amazing interface, and easy to use software.

Creative is cheaper, sure, but that's all it has going for it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Amazing design/interface? It looks like a Star Trek prop but less cool :S.
  • AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-MrMojo+Feb 24 2005, 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (MrMojo @ Feb 24 2005, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Creative is cheaper, sure, but that's all it has going for it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And far superior battery life and playback quality (although not as good as The Rio Karma). And seriously, if you say the iPoid has a better interface you're just lieing to yourself.

Some people hate Windows, some people hate Xboxes, I hate iPods. For real.
  • AlienCowAlienCow Join Date: 2003-09-20 Member: 21040Members
    Oh I think my Micro looks better than the Ipod Mini, which is its "equivalent". Its black and blue, it doesnt have a big round thing, it just LOOKS so much nicer. It fits in the palm better, the back is curved around. Its shorter too, even if its a little deeper.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-AllUrHiveRblong2us+Feb 24 2005, 03:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AllUrHiveRblong2us @ Feb 24 2005, 03:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Feb 23 2005, 11:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Feb 23 2005, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Lets look at Creative:

Release Drivers to fix old Drivers bugs, but sadly, they don't, and in fact create more bugs with said drivers.

Terrible Customer Support

Hellishly Awful Website(in the sense that you can't EVER get what you want off of it).

Terrible Documentation.

Underperforming Soundcards

Releasing Products Labeled "2" even though its just the same with a 100 MHz bigger bus size, which is still inadequate, even for their market.

In fact, the only thing I've ever had thats good out of an Audigy Sound card, or anything Audigy/Creative for that matter, is one line of their speakers is actually pretty nice. Too bad Klipsch' cheapest is still better. Oh, and I thought we hated Monopolies here on these forums? Too bad they happen to have the sound card market all to themselves. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But yet their MP3 players are still better than iPods in nearly all respects. Funny that.

This isn't about speakers or soundcards (I don't even have a Creative soundcard personally, so I wouldn't know if they suck). <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In your opinion. I myself think the iPod interface is great, and unlike someone else here: Yes, I do think caressing your gadgets is pretty effin cool.

And for my specifics on my last post: I don't trust Creative, and I never will, ever again. I wish they'd go and make something worth the money...at all.
  • Rapier7Rapier7 Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26108Members
    Pfft. People who hold grudges against a company are the greatest fools of them all.

Though I really do have a problem against Apple's products in general, I've tried 'em all and their counterparts in the PC and MP3 world stomp on them.

One thing I will give to Apple:

They really have the elegant simplicity design down.