Bad Fps

ReKReK Join Date: 2004-08-30 Member: 31058Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
My hardware isn't spectacular, but it should definately be getting more than the 30 fps I get on the hl1 engine. I've tried setting fps_max to 101, 100 and 80, still never get higher than 30. I'm running:

P4 2.0
512 DDR
GeForce 2 MX

Games setting are:
1024x768
32 bit

Any suggestion on how to get my fps up? Even just 60 would be nice.

BTW, if I bring it dow to 16 bit, and look straight at a wall less than 2 metres in front of me, I get 60, no other time do I go above 30.

Comments

• amnesiacamnesiac Join Date: 2004-11-03 Member: 32619Members
    I used to play with the same video card but with worse hardware and still got over 30 fps.
    troubleshoot i guess...<ul><li>Do you have VSYNC enabled? (if so, disable it *however it is an issue of personal pref.)</li><li>without the command "developer 1" you wont get 100+ fps</li><li>check and see what your fps_modem is set @</li><li>update your drivers!</li></ul>Try those out, if all else fails then just buy a new video card.
  • ReKReK Join Date: 2004-08-30 Member: 31058Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Heh, I wish I could get a new one.

fps_modem 0.0
    Not sure about vsync, never tweaked it, so it would be default.
    developer 0, but I don't need more than 100 fps.
    Drivers are a few months old, I'll try and find new ones later, not at home right now.
  • arilaril Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32738Members
    I was playing with the same config as you a long time ago .

- First you shouldn't play in 32bits, play in 16 you'll get way more frames .
    - Second verify in NS advanced options that all ' dynamic lights ' etc are unchecked .
    On small configs, this kill the fps .
    - And third, as you are using a geforce, you have to modify a setting
    in your driver config in windows ( not ns or steam ) to be able to reach higher fps .

I ll send you more informations later on as im not at home at the moment .

Aril ;-)