Aliens? Got Hives?

UGLJonUGLJon Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6940Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Not the disease :/</div> So, the marines camped your 3rd hive? They have HMGs and HAs? And all you have is fades? Sounds bad, right? No!

How to get that third hive! It's rather difficult and depends on the map, but keep it on the back burner. Trust me, it can be done, I did it an hour ago.

Now, first, the hive needs to not be a heavily visted human site, so wait a while. Second, you need to be able to build the hive with some shelter.

Now, you need to be a skulk and have a decent amount of RPs. Get there, and jump as fast as you can, ignoring all sentry fire, and go straight to wall where you can climb high and the sentries cannot hit you. Keep going and find some flat ground near the hive where the sentries can't hit.

Now, morph into a gorge. Save up to 80 and build the hive. Either then kill yourself, or go back to a skulk and gtfo. Viola! The sentries can't fire at the hive and the marines don't know a thing! 3rd hive with absolutely no defense.

Before you flame me, note, it is not easy, and can only work on certain situations.

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Join Date: 2002-06-12 Member: 759Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--UGL|Jon+Nov 6 2002, 12:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (UGL|Jon @ Nov 6 2002, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now, morph into a gorge. Save up to 80 and build the hive. Either then kill yourself, or go back to a skulk and gtfo. Viola! The sentries can't fire at the hive and the marines don't know a thing! 3rd hive with absolutely no defense.

Before you flame me, note, it is not easy, and can only work on certain situations.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Uhhh no....

Turrents can still shoot a growing hive. Trust me, I've already tried..... I lost 80 RPs that way.....
  • UGLJonUGLJon Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6940Members
    Dude, I've done it. Turrets do not shoot at buildings. They could've been shooting at you.
  • smokedbaconsmokedbacon Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6006Members
    actually, the turrets will fire at the building, but not if its in range, or if its out of the way. There are a few spots where the hive is under an enclosure, and yes this method works sometimes. But as soon as a marine walks by and hears the squishing noises, then its gone.

Turrets do fire at buildings, as in one recent game no one was around the hive in the very beginning, and the first structures the marines built was a turret factory and turret right in the doorway of our first hive. Game over.
  • FunkTheMonkFunkTheMonk Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4933Members
    Im pritty sure they do coz i tried this, however 2 hvy marines came along and started building a base whilst I hid. Although the marines were shooting at the hive at the same time i think the turrets were aiming at it as well