I Need Help Waking Up In The Morning

2»

Comments

• SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    Throw the question to Slashdot. They'll probably forward you to a story about some guy who rigged up a Linux-powered trebuchet to fling a bucket of ice-cold water at him whenever his alarm goes off...
  • MulletMullet Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15910Members, Constellation
    edited February 2005
    I have a wakeup.zip file that I downloaded off of these forums from a similar post. It's 5mb and I could send it to you, but let me warn you, it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I guarantee you it would wake you up (yes a computer alarm clock ).

Ugh...Just imagine waking up to plenty of images of dead people with hardcore music playing in the background.
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    Wow I like Xyth's idea best.

The easy way : Sleep early. Get a really loud alarm clock. One that wil make so much noise people 2 blocks away can hear it.

The hard way : Get an alarm system that shines a bright light in your face (not enough to blind you!) and sends small electrical jolts through your body (ala Xyth)
    And makes annoying sounds, like Barney or something....maybe one of those horror movie's classic screaming-damsel-in-distress-who's-soon-to-be-eaten-by-werewolf thingies....

Failing that.....a shaking alarm that trips over a nice, cold bucket of water over your face. There are a couple of alarms that shake really rapidly....
  • BlackMageBlackMage [citation needed] Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17474Members, Constellation
    edited February 2005
    get an alarm clock that drops a hammer on your groin
    (this will wake you up, you may still be late for work though)

edit: also, a program called <a href='http://www.jumaros.de/rsoft/index.html' target='_blank'>Title Time (scroll down)</a> has an alarm clock function. use it to execute the command [windows media player path] "path of annoying song" and set winmedia player to max volume and loop
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mullet+Feb 19 2005, 05:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mullet @ Feb 19 2005, 05:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I have a wakeup.zip file that I downloaded off of these forums from a similar post. It's 5mb and I could send it to you, but let me warn you, it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I guarantee you it would wake you up (yes a computer alarm clock ).

Ugh...Just imagine waking up to plenty of images of dead people with hardcore music playing in the background. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, I was linked to the aformentioned program, yet I don't think that would help to wake me up either.

I cannot go to sleep at night with the PC on. The fan and the hard drive reads are enough to keep me awake. This rules out any pc based solution...