Library Errors

mmz_trellmmz_trell Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7124Members, Constellation
Need some help with this error...

LoadLibrary failed on /opt/hlds_l/ns/dlls/ns_i386.so: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from /opt/hlds_l/ns/dlls/ns_i386.so!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from /opt/hlds_l/ns/dlls/ns_i386.so!

I'm trying to start NS the same way I start cs and dod via a start script like this...
CS Start script:
./hlds_run -game cstrike +exec server.cfg +ip 207.168.116.85 +port 27015 +maxplayers 20 +map fy_supershotty &

NS Start Script:
./hlds_run -game ns +exec server.cfg +ip 207.168.116.85 +port 27016 +maxplayers 12 +map ns_bast

The cs script works fine but the NS does not any help, and yes the libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 is installed.
The OS is RedHat 7.3

Thanks,

Trell

Comments

• SintriSintri Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7131Members
    RedHat, oy... might be a quicktime error. I haven't used redhat before though... is it just when you're joining games?
  • DaLilBugDaLilBug Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7016Members
    I have a problem kinda like mine except mine says this or close to

Cannot find library
    C:\SIERRA\counter-strike\ns\cl_dll\client.dll

when I try and join(about the beginning of the downloading and initialing part is when i get it). I checked and it is their. Please help. This game looks so fun.
  • mmz_trellmmz_trell Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7124Members, Constellation
    No its not even starting up, when I start it up I get the error, can't even get far enough for someone to join. :/

Don't even get me started about trying to install the client so I can even play.