Buny Hopping

2»

Comments

• FueLFueL Join Date: 2003-07-02 Member: 17857Members
    edited February 2005
    Its is easy to bhop with a script and without it. All it is, is a slightly different timing.

Bhop is more stealthy than running along the floor making constant noise.
    Bhop move fast to one spot then wait.
    Public bhop'in is what you mainly see where nubs can't hit the skulk for sh!t.
    Strafe jumping which is a part of bhop'in which gives you the speed can help in close combat if you miss and the marine gets too far from you and the slight boost in speed can help most of the time, but again a good marine no.

Skulks are weak so combat wise it does not help.
    Bhop as a fade after blinking could make you look different in the comm's perspective lookin down on you so they can;t tell what you are unless they make those noises. So it can be used as a stealth tool.
    Same with an onos.
    If you try to bhop as lerk... just ... just go away.
    You can bhop as a marine as long as you continuously jump before you start to decend. So going up ramps, stairs and off railings to give you speed. So it helps the marines speed boost in places where you cannot wallride. But you could wiggle walk but you do not move as fast, and the script makes it really retarded since its not exactly possible to run that fast without it. Where as its easy to bhop with or without a script.
  • theclamtheclam Join Date: 2004-08-01 Member: 30290Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-homicide+Feb 10 2005, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (homicide @ Feb 10 2005, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-attrition+Feb 10 2005, 08:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (attrition @ Feb 10 2005, 08:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It’s useful in combat (fighting not the sucky basterd child mode of play) because if you are good you can use leap and bunny hop to gain so much speed that you don’t even show up on motion tracking anymore. If you get the hang of this you can just make like dive bomber runs at marines with little risk to yourself. You move so fast its hard for them to shoot you. Also, if you leap right over their head you can bite them without slowing down at all.

Oh, there is also a little move you can do as marine that no one ever seems to talk about. You can jump forward in the air and jerk your mouse in like a circle pattern and you will go faster. I do this a lot in between wall strafing because there are all these anoying little protrusions on the walls of the maps. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Please tell us more about this magical circle marine movement. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you watch some clan demos, the marine players sometimes do this. It looks like a single strafejump, and I imagine it is executed in a similiar fashion.
  • TrakenTraken Join Date: 2004-11-14 Member: 32797Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-FueL+Feb 10 2005, 06:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (FueL @ Feb 10 2005, 06:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Public bhop'in is what you mainly see where nubs can't hit the skulk for sh!t. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is because a decent bhop in a public server is rare. People simply do not know how to aim to kill one.
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    <!--QuoteBegin-attrition+Feb 10 2005, 11:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (attrition @ Feb 10 2005, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh, there is also a little move you can do as marine that no one ever seems to talk about. You can jump forward in the air and jerk your mouse in like a circle pattern and you will go faster. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We do talk about it, only it's usually referred to as glide-jumping.
  • Steel_MonkeySteel_Monkey Join Date: 2004-10-06 Member: 32121Members
    Are there any tuts on that kind of stuff? I do something like that, but no one showed me how to do it. I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right. It might even be slowing me down lol.
  • Krazy_GlueKrazy_Glue Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16393Members
    i think the only real advantage is the speed it gives you

i preety much only use it for travel

rarely do i bhop into battle as bhopping is just so predictable
    I would much rather have a guy bhop toward me, then someone pubjumping

the only time i would knowingly bhop towards a marine would be if i need to make a quick strike, like come in from behind, hit once, then get out of there. That all needs lots of speed, which bhopping gives you, and that is its advantage

oh and im talking experienced players here, im sure many new players have a hard time hitting a walking skulk, let alone a bhopping one...
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    <!--QuoteBegin-Steel Monkey+Feb 10 2005, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Steel Monkey @ Feb 10 2005, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Are there any tuts on that kind of stuff?  I do something like that, but no one showed me how to do it.  I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right.  It might even be slowing me down lol.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I explained (or attempted to) how to glide-jump in <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85470&view=findpost&p=1333844' target='_blank'>this post</a> (skip the first section that's about strafe-jumping).
  • c4tc4t Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20619Members
    bunnyhoppping has several advantages.

1. you navigate ze map much more quickly.
    2. regardless of what people say, even against a excelent marine you have a better chance of him missing if you arent just making him move his along ze vertical axis
    3. you get to your target faster, lets say you want to rush a room full of marines and you and your skulk bros decide to rush. you are going to be 100 times more successful if you bunnyhop at them rather than walk towards them.

4. it keeps the skulk game interesting, atleast for me. bunnyhopping is kind of soothing.
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned
    glide jumping is actually easier than bhopping.

All you do is strafe to one side, then jump, do a semi circle movement with your xhair moving it around to the left and up, and hold down your strafe keys like you were bhopping.

It's like a double-arc strafe jump, at least thats how I do it.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    im not sure if ive been doing the glide-jump thing right :x

ps.

your sig sucks, sj.
    Well, I thought it was funny.

I didn't even edit that pic, just cut and pasted from a screenshot.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    hah. i bet you got some of your scripter friends to change name to "God" on an empty server and then u lmg'd his skulk :x
    lollerskates. No, it was just some random guy on a pub.
    Was quite funny, what with all the star wars quotes.
  • Swift_IdiotSwift_Idiot Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11883Members
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha your scripter friends. LOL everyone knows we don't have friends.