Hl2dm Makes Me Compy Explodar!

docchimpydocchimpy Join Date: 2003-07-19 Member: 18266Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Help the laggor!</div> Alright, every time I use the server browser and sort by ping, I find servers with around 20 ping. I'm used to playing with around 40, so this is great. All is well in Docworld, until I join the server. Lag shoots up to ~120. I start freezing in place, only to return after being shot in the face well over 500 times. It's pretty annoying, so I ask the help of the great NS Off Topic forums. I've heard rumours of a dark and forbidden console command called "dxlevel 7", but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• The_ThingThe_Thing Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13993Members
    I believe it's because HL2 has really bad netcodes because of the physics. For me, it seems to lag on every single server. Anyone know if valve has the server predicting all the physics or does the client predict some of it.
  • Leaderz0rzLeaderz0rz Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7847Members
    physics in any game takes up alot of CPU resources, so if your proccesor is slow, you will lag
  • The_ThingThe_Thing Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13993Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Leaderz0rz+Jan 21 2005, 12:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Leaderz0rz @ Jan 21 2005, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> physics in any game takes up alot of CPU resources, so if your proccesor is slow, you will lag <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, that's probably why i lag so much.