Weird Problem With Milkshape

menohackmenohack Join Date: 2004-02-29 Member: 26995Members
Yeah, I know how to use Milkshape and have been using it for a long time. But for some reason when I select 3 verticies and click "create face" it tells me that I need to select exactly 3 verticies. There is no way I'm selecting more than 3. I've even tried highlighting around each one and then clicking snap together in case there are 2 verticies in the same spot. Any help?

Comments

• HellspawnUKHellspawnUK Join Date: 2004-08-07 Member: 30437Members
    I get that, was building a player model and had to scrap it because this came up on EVERY tri set of vertices i selected.
  • wnnwnn Zombie Panic modeller Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16960Members
    Just create it manually, takes some time, but it's just as good.
  • menohackmenohack Join Date: 2004-02-29 Member: 26995Members
    How can i create it manually?
  • Dr_XDr_X Join Date: 2004-04-05 Member: 27732Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-menohack+Nov 20 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (menohack @ Nov 20 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How can i create it manually? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Using the create face tool, click on the verticies. I don't remember in which direction you go for it to face twards you, but if it goes backwards, just use the flip (or is it switch?) face tool, up in the top menu somewhere.
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dr X+Jan 8 2005, 11:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dr X @ Jan 8 2005, 11:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-menohack+Nov 20 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (menohack @ Nov 20 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How can i create it manually? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Using the create face tool, click on the verticies. I don't remember in which direction you go for it to face twards you, but if it goes backwards, just use the flip (or is it switch?) face tool, up in the top menu somewhere. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just for clarification, you don't need any vertices selected before using the face tool (in fact, it's probably easier to keep track of things if you have none selected), then just click around the vertices you want to create a face from (counter-clockwise in most cases) to create your face.
  • BrigadierWolfBrigadierWolf Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16876Members, Contributor
    .. I now know this from personal experience.. Stop using Milkshape. immediately.. Get Maya, even If you just get the free learning edition.. Youll thank yourself later. trust me.
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    Good advice brig - he'll easily be able to create HL models with Maya PLE ... or maybe not.

Stick with Milkshape for now - it's what I started with, and it served me well.
  • HellspawnUKHellspawnUK Join Date: 2004-08-07 Member: 30437Members
    Whilst Maya is an extremely good package it is rather hard to get to grips with, I find it's best to stick with what you know until you feel that you have reached the limitations of what the program your using can offer.
  • BrigadierWolfBrigadierWolf Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16876Members, Contributor
    Id say Its a better idea to not waste your time with an inferior program and rather devote that time to learning a High End one. It only took me a few weeks to get Maya down, and If I can do it, I dont see why anyone else wouldnt be able to.