Ns Combat Lerk

milton_friedmanmilton_friedman Join Date: 2004-08-11 Member: 30535Members
I have not visited this forum so please bare with me. There have been numerous complaints about how combat lerks own by "pancaking". Its when the lerk flys up, then dives very quickly at a marine with focus (repeating the process), killing them in usually two bites? Is that an exploit that the NS team is going to remove, or was it intentional?

Comments

• pip1pip1 Join Date: 2004-09-06 Member: 31430Members
  • j3stj3st Join Date: 2004-06-28 Member: 29602Members
    well lerks can't really do that continuously easily.

lerks CAN fall in one shot from a shotgun you know...
  • fried_ricefried_rice Join Date: 2004-09-10 Member: 31582Banned
    edited November 2004
    lets see..pancaking. That's when the lerk goes up and down so fast that it looks like a rubber ball bouncing between the ceiling and the floor. In one of the betas, the energy cost for lerk flight was 0. So essentially you could ricochet vertically indefinitely. It's ridiculous and I believe it was removed in the last beta 4 release. Now that there the energy is finite, the lerk is no longer expliotable.

What player's did was they would get celerity and bind their jump button to their mouse wheel. Then they would spam their wheel like mad. With proper control you could land bites on players/spam spores everywhere w/o getting touched by a SINGLE BULLET (unless of course you're lucky). Now in combat, (back in b4 when spawns were one at a time) with a whole team of these looneys bouncing everywhere, the marine team was as good as dead.