How Do U Make A Ladder

DarkRaineDarkRaine Join Date: 2004-10-27 Member: 32483Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Pleaz help me</div> Im trying to make a ladder in my map but dont know how.

Comments

• NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation
    1) create a brush that looks like a ladder

2) if the texture used has transparency, tie the brush to a func_wall and set the rendermode to "solid" and the FX amount to "255"

3) create a brush right in front of the ladder brush.

4) tie this brush to a func_ladder
  • DarkRaineDarkRaine Join Date: 2004-10-27 Member: 32483Members
    i dont see a func_wall or func_ladder
  • JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    Are you sure you have a fgd file loaded?
  • Darth_ShadeDarth_Shade Join Date: 2004-06-27 Member: 29580Members, Constellation
    and u use u did it froma brush and not the enitie tool thingyyy
  • DarkRaineDarkRaine Join Date: 2004-10-27 Member: 32483Members
    yes i have the ns.fgd loaded, but i still dont see those functions.
  • KesterKester Join Date: 2004-02-21 Member: 26770Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Darth Shade+Nov 11 2004, 07:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Darth Shade @ Nov 11 2004, 07:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->and u use u did it froma brush and not the enitie tool thingyyy<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Please don't write replies like that again. Spell check is your friend.

Select your (world based) brush with the ladder texture, hit ctrl+t, this ties that brush to a brush based entity and opens the Object Properties window (if its already an entity, this will tell you that, and if you want to tie it to the same entity or tie it to a new one, also this will not open the object properties window, in this case just hit alt+enter), this is where you can select func_wall and func_ladder.

To do this click the drop down box called "Class". This should show a longish list of different entity types in alphabetical order, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. When you've found them just do as NEO_Phyte has said.

If you don't find any entities in the drop down box, I suggest you read <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50171' target='_blank'>this</a> thread.