Having A Problem Staying Evoled After I Die And Re

jonvalljonvall Join Date: 2003-03-19 Member: 14691Members, Reinforced - Gold
I posted this in the Bug Report forum but thought maybe someone could help me fix this problem here.

"I've had this problem since beta 5. I evolve into a gorge,ones,lurk or fade but after I die I come back as a skulk and I have all the res needed to gestate back to the creature I was before. In other words I don't lose the res at all but I'm no longer the creature I gestated into after I die!
I scanned the Bug Report forum and the Tech Support forum but didn't see a post related to this topic."

Anybody else having this problem?

Comments

• ToothyToothy ir-regard-less Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13447Members, Constellation
    In classic mode, if you die as a higher lifeform (anything other than skulk) you're supposed to come back as skulk. However, you certainly shouldn't be getting the res back.

Just to make absolutely sure, you're not talking about combat mode are you?
  • MalevolentMalevolent Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18842Members
    Hmm, never heard of this before. Only thing that comes to me right away is you have a somewhat large res overflow - meaning your team has enough resource towers that you get res really quickly. So you have enough res to evolve into what you want.
  • jonvalljonvall Join Date: 2003-03-19 Member: 14691Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I'm sorry. After further research, should've done that before posting, I found out that my problem isn't a problem.
    Yes it only happens in Combat. From what I understand now that's the way it's supposed to be. Correct?
  • MalevolentMalevolent Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18842Members
    Yes, they changed it so that you get your upgrade back so you can choose a different lifeform (i.e. if you hive needs healed you can go gorge after dying from previously being a different lifeform). So you're good to go.