Just Outta Curiosity...

xioutlawixxioutlawix Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7118Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Any maps of intelligence distribution?</div> Like the title implies, I'm wondering if anyone's done a general IQ test of the various regions within the U.S., even better if it's in a color-coded relief map form.

Anyone come across such a thing?

Comments

• RecoupRecoup Join Date: 2004-04-25 Member: 28195Members
    The scale on which to take these polls and exams on intelligence would be so widespread, you couldnt cover it. Also, you would have to factor in the population age, what questions to ask them, so on and so fourth. You're covering a few hundred million people, so, it would definately take a long time.
  • CrystalSnakeCrystalSnake Join Date: 2002-01-27 Member: 110Members
    I want to know if whites are smarter than blacks.
  • KaliasKalias Superskulk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2560Members
    edited November 2004
    None that look like they have any credibility, it seems there are a few pages up which compare state iq's and then show which side they voted for. But they are quite likely to be hoaxes.
  • HarmondoHarmondo Join Date: 2003-08-09 Member: 19226Members
    edited November 2004
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited...</span>
  • Har_Har_the_PirateHar_Har_the_Pirate Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19388Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-CrystalSnake+Nov 4 2004, 05:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CrystalSnake @ Nov 4 2004, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I want to know if whites are smarter than blacks. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no...

but blacks, raised by blacks have a generally lower IQ
    blacks raised by whites have a higher IQ test results (odopted obviously)
    also fairly well off blacks and their children do better on IQ tests

so it has more to do with ones general culture than it does with race, in fact the idea of race is laughed about by most scientists, because by the numbers it means ****

all our differences are just culture (well most)
  • NumbersNotFoundNumbersNotFound Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7556Members
    You'd probably find the concentration of lowest intelligence in the middle of big rundown cities, with fairly average intelligence everywhere else.
  • Fro5tyFro5ty Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21238Members, Constellation
    I think the Electoral College map of this year's election would be a good reference idea, based more on ignorance than actual intellegence though.
  • RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-dirtygabbsnevada+Nov 5 2004, 03:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (dirtygabbsnevada @ Nov 5 2004, 03:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CrystalSnake+Nov 4 2004, 05:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CrystalSnake @ Nov 4 2004, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I want to know if whites are smarter than blacks. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no...

but blacks, raised by blacks have a generally lower IQ
    blacks raised by whites have a higher IQ test results (odopted obviously)
    also fairly well off blacks and their children do better on IQ tests

so it has more to do with ones general culture than it does with race, in fact the idea of race is laughed about by most scientists, because by the numbers it means ****

all our differences are just culture (well most) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I beleive you mean people raised by middle class families tend to have higher IQs as opposed to those near the poverty level.