Board filter

OG17OG17 Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2024Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Naughty words ahead</div><span style='color:red'><b>***NUKED***</span></b>

<!--EDIT|Greedo386|Nov. 03 2002,16:53-->

Comments

• Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    The swearwordfilter will stay.

Yes, some of the words would pass through on television, but TV doesn't have to deal with annoying spammers. Show me some good examples of sensible phrases with filtered words in which they can't be replaced - you'll find none.

And if you feel like tricking the filter - well, have fun, but hope the mods will never read your posts.
  • L3TUC3L3TUC3 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5770Members
    d o c u m e n t --> document

Just testing.
  • OG17OG17 Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2024Members
    I have never seen anyone spam in this manner, and stunting the language to prevent such a thing from happening is questionable, to say the least.  Someone could easily flood threads with PORK, for example.  But whatever - I'll just pretend that I'm back at GameFAQs.  Or kindergarten, or something.  At any rate, consider the issue dropped.  I've learned that arguing this sort of thing is pointless.

Thanks.
  • GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    This is not a democracy.  There are rules for a reason.  And bypassing the swear filter to prove a point does nothing but bring you closer to administrative action.
This discussion has been closed.