Paintball Fanatics, Help

funbagsfunbags Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17099Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I need technical help.</div> My friend, (WHO IS LIEK TEH TOTAL PWN) Just up and gave his paintball gun to me. It's practically brand new. He used it once, and hasn't gone in a year. (Thats why he gave it to me, that and it was my birthday) Anyways, to the Point:

It's a Kingman Spyder Compact Deluxe. I am a total newb at paintball. (The maintanence and parts aspect of it) The thing that you ****, (Its semi-auto) is missing. I dont know what it's called or where to find it. I want to upgrade it a lot, since I didn't need to spend money on the gun itself, and its easily upgradable. I was thinking a new barrel, and an o2 tank instead of this 20oz Pure Energy N2 tank I have.

Any suggestions? Answers to my questions?

Could you guys also provide me with some links to some good paintball sites?

Comments

• SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    edited November 2004
    [edit] bah double post, read two below.
  • funbagsfunbags Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17099Members
    OMG I typed in Kingman Spyder Compact Deluxe What Now and it popped right up!

Seriously. What is it called
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-funbags+Nov 1 2004, 03:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (funbags @ Nov 1 2004, 03:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My friend, (WHO IS LIEK TEH TOTAL PWN) Just up and gave his paintball gun to me. It's practically brand new. He used it once, and hasn't gone in a year. (Thats why he gave it to me, that and it was my birthday) Anyways, to the Point:

It's a Kingman Spyder Compact Deluxe. I am a total newb at paintball. (The maintanence and parts aspect of it) The thing that you ****, (Its semi-auto) is missing. I dont know what it's called or where to find it. I want to upgrade it a lot, since I didn't need to spend money on the gun itself, and its easily upgradable. I was thinking a new barrel, and an o2 tank instead of this 20oz Pure Energy N2 tank I have.

Any suggestions? Answers to my questions?

Could you guys also provide me with some links to some good paintball sites? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The what now is missing?

I'm pretty sure you can't use O2 tanks on paintball guns, too risky because they have metal to metal moving parts (read: friction causes sparks). Lots of people use compressed air rather than N2, but you need to change pretty much the whole delivery system the marker is designed with, its not as simple as just swapping out the tank. I used to know some good paintball sites with forums, but firefox wiped my favorates one too many times and I have lost all trace that I ever had been on them.
  • Fro5tyFro5ty Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21238Members, Constellation
    You talking about the part that charges the gun and makes it ready to fire? That's the bolt most likely. Go to <a href='http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=g9yfmcA4ua2fEYG-igVfMcqeJpwqRW-X8qk=?CategoryName=paintball-guns-kingman-paintball-guns' target='_blank'>http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...-paintball-guns</a>

Find oyurs if it's there and look around the site for gun parts.

And YES, you can use O2 tanks with paintball guns. The gun uses the pressure from the gas, not the type of gas. What they are doing is using low pressue systems so they get more shots for smaller tanks. I bought a 88ci 4500PSI for my Tippmann 98 Custom. Didn't have to do anything to the gun itself for it to work. Fill the tank, screw it on, charge it and shoot. That easy. Some guns may require a changing of parts for that case, but with most modern markers, not really. It's actually WORSE to use CO2 since it can cause wear on parts due to it's cooling of the internals of the guna nd they start grinding agaisnt one another, not to mention it isn't as stable pressure wise as O2 (which is nitrogen systems as well.)
  • Mr_HeadcrabMr_Headcrab Squee&#33;~ Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9392Members, Constellation
    The Cawking Knob (mispelled on purpose), it's easily replaceable.

A barrel is a good idea, get one with an adjustable ID
    compressed Air's a good choice, although i still use Co2 (im broke, no money, no parts) also make sure there's a nearby place to fill it, SCUBA shops can do it, and some paintball places too.
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Headcrab+Nov 1 2004, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mr. Headcrab @ Nov 1 2004, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Cawking Knob (mispelled on purpose), it's easily replaceable.

A barrel is a good idea, get one with an adjustable ID
    compressed Air's a good choice, although i still use Co2 (im broke, no money, no parts) also make sure there's a nearby place to fill it, SCUBA shops can do it, and some paintball places too. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Barrels with inserts inside are expensive though. If you don't have the cash, a J&J Ceramic will do nicely.