Osama And The World

2»

Comments

• the_bERtthe_bERt Join Date: 2004-06-21 Member: 29436Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The war however, was inevitable, because the conflict was not settled in WW1. The war was ended by outsiders, its was not descided.
    The reasons for the successful democratisation of Germany after WW2 and the lasting peace was the new enemy behind the Iron Curtain. It was not due to successful politics. It was because Germany was needed as easternmost part of the NATO. It was needed as it was the largest western Nation ( population) on the continent. The US troops were accepted, because the people feared the Sovjets.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think the main reason why Germany staied stable was because of the US gave control back to the people and provided them with money to build up the country after the war ("Marshall plan")
    I think another reason was because Hitler was very popular because of his propaganda, and when the people found out the truth, they did want democracy again.

I guess if you let the iraqi people make their own government and provide them with money, healthcare and so to get back to a normal life standard, their leaders would also give away their oil cheaper. But they had more freedom under Saddam than under US control.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well Bush + CIA + French intelligence + MI6 + German intelligence - Russian intelligence = we're pretty confident he has em. Confidently wrong sad-fix.gif. But either way, I knew that the Iraq war would turn up some concrete answers - so I was cheering. Saddam may have been having fun, but the pride and ego that comes with being a despot gets in the way. He claimed he didnt have any WMD when the squeeze was on - but who wouldnt? And even when he let the weapons inspectors in, he stuffed them around too. He looked and acted like he had em - but he didnt.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ah, thats why France and Germany sent so many troops to Iraq - btw cool you get secret service reports from 5 contries.
  • LegatLegat Join Date: 2003-07-02 Member: 17868Members
    edited November 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think the main reason why Germany staied stable was because of the US gave control back to the people and provided them with money to build up the country after the war ("Marshall plan")
    I think another reason was because Hitler was very popular because of his propaganda, and when the people found out the truth, they did want democracy again.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

indeed, that is not too far off.

The Marshall plan allowed Germany to regain the status of one of the worlds strongest and fasted growing economys within not more than 5 years. The new wealth definately stbilized the country. However, a similar developent occured after Hitlers successful coup d'état. Its easy to please a people which was starving with homes, food and work.

However, the more important reasons for Germanys pacification were simple. The people were sick of war. Most adults above 30 Years had experieced both wars. The big cities were completely leveled, not a stone was on the other. Everybody lost relatives, sons and fathers died on the battlefields, mothers and sisters died in the constant bombing raids.

In adition to this war sickness came the fear of oppression. The Adedauner goverment managed to discrimiate all liberal and sozial-democratic politicians as kommunist which will lead the country to moskow. The people were aftraid of being oppressed again by a dictator. The Anti-Soviet propaganda during Nazi-reign was still present in the back of their head. The Russians were consdered evil barbarians that eat schildren and rape women. Many women had actually bad experiences, as soviet comanders sometimes tolerated "reparations" for Germanys war-crimes.

The Soviets were the common enemy. The Soviets were the reason why the Government was able to rearm germans forces, to meet the requirements of NATO.

However, in Iraq, you will not find a common enemy against which these people want themselves to protect. Exept maybe, the infidels.....