Creative Inspire T7700

TommyVercettiTommyVercetti Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13390Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Speaker problem!</div> Okay, so I've had my new n1nj4 rig assembled for a week now, but I still can't get the speakers to work (right now I've got the old Altec Lansing 2.1's hooked up). Anyways, I've plugged everything in to the right places and triple-checked the wire contacts on the speakers, but I still can't get even a buzz out of these speakers. I'm thinking this might be because I'm using chipset sound - the A8V Deluxe's Realtek AC '97 - but I'm not sure as this chipset sound is supposedly 8 channels. I'm planning on getting a Audigy 2 ZS soon, but after my last purchase on Newegg I'm afraid these speakers might be defective. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Comments

• coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Have you tried plugging them in to anything else?
  • UnCriticalUnCritical Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 73Members, Constellation
    I remember reading that some chipsets get a very faint buzz from the electronics onthe rest of the mobo. Not sure if your motherboard was amongst the ones mentioned.
    But it could be that.

As Coil said, elimiate the possibilities by trying the speakers with something other than your pc.