Minor Xp Visual Enhancements

WindelkronWindelkron Join Date: 2002-04-11 Member: 419Members
<div class="IPBDescription">how to????</div> there's something that I did a long while back, and I want to do this again.. but I don't remember how.

In My Computer, the icon bar (with the Back and Forward buttons, etc) has a default beige background.... but it's possible to make that background a picture file! I remember I stuck a screenshot from C&C generals there, and it was pretty cool. I just don't remember how (I want to stick in some farcry goodness).

Another thing, is it possible to have an animated desktop background? I have a screenshot of the Farcry beach, but the water isn't moving; it would be pretty nice to have that... so is it possible?

Comments

• im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    One way would be to create a web page (stored on your computer) with an animated background, then set that web page to be you desktop background. I couldn't tell you how to make an animated background for the web page, though.
  • brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    You'd have to make it an animated GIF or an SWF or something similar then.
  • WindelkronWindelkron Join Date: 2002-04-11 Member: 419Members
    thanks, I think farcry lets you record videos... just a question of making it loop the right way, I guess.
    still, anyone know about the my computer menu bar thing?
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Windelkron+Oct 10 2004, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Windelkron @ Oct 10 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> [...]
    still, anyone know about the my computer menu bar thing? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The easiest way (and with no spyware) is to look up PowerToys for Windows XP by Microsoft, download TweakUI, go to Internet Explorer>Toolbar Background, and with any luck it'll apply to My Computer and Windows Explorer as well as Internet Explorer.

Otherwise you'd have to resort to junk like hotbar or other things, which *could* do horrendous things to your machine.
  • WindelkronWindelkron Join Date: 2002-04-11 Member: 419Members
    my tweakui doesn't have that option! wtg?!