Xenomorph Skulk With New Deathanimations?

DogmeatDogmeat Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13571Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Please help :(</div> I'm using the xenomorph aliens now but the skulk does not have the new death animation so in one of its deathanimations it just freezes to air... could somebody update the animations?

Comments

• NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Sure its not just the usual twitch-anim? Half the anims don't play in NS anyhow.

If you had an example that would help, since there's several versions of Aliens model, not only in terms of skulk, fade, lerk, etc, but also in terms of WHO made the model.. or who stole the model...
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Members, Constellation
    perhaps its time someone made the 3.0 AVP pack? I'm pretty sure only a few of the models would need to be updated with the new anims.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Whoever's doing it better bloody ask permission to take my stuff this time.
  • DogmeatDogmeat Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13571Members
    Necrosis could you update the skulk for 3.0?

Rest of the aliens look just fine.
    The skulk I'm using doesn't appear to have any bugs. Not that I've noticed. Odd that the other aliens are fine while it is not...

Yeah if anyone can decisively nail the problem, I'll be sure to fix it for my next version of the pack. The last public release was iirc v2, and I'm on about v6 now. Not that anyone has really got to see it mind you.

But anyhow, back on topic, yeah if I see this bug then I'll fix it, but so far I don't see anything that doesn't already happen to the "normal" skulks.
  • l0tusl0tus Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31492Members
    edited September 2004
    i've seen it a couple of times. the skulk will die in mid·air, and the death animation doesn't play. instead, it will get stuck in a head flinch animation, etc. not sure if dying in the air is what causes it...but i've yet to see any problems with those other models.

<b>edit</b>: i saw it happen to a lerk earlier, though that's the first time i've ever seen it and i've played with these since i've started. i killed it, and it stopped and twitched in mid·air. something seems to be keeping them from making into the appropriate death animations in rare instances...
    Yep that is the problem...
    I think I'll stick my neck out here and say game bug. I really have no notion why its occuring, I would imagine its some even that skulks do often which everything else does rarely.

Perhaps its connected to leap, or dying in air, something few creatures really do.

Again, if someone can figure out a concrete "it always happens when X" then I'll be sure to fix it, but I really don't have the free time required to run through every possible way to die in order to find a few bugs which, on the whole of it, seem fairly minor.
  • l0tusl0tus Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31492Members
    edited September 2004
    im about 90% sure it's dying in the air or in mid·leap that causes it, but to me this seems fairly negligible...at least for right now. i haven't really played with the default models enough to say whether or not it's a game bug, heh.
    Well sometimes it is hard to see that is the little buger dead or is it just afk or something...