Booted From Server:

Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Every time a new round starts.</div> Version: Beta 5.
Server: G4B2S Combat Only.

~My Computer Specs~
866 Mhz Pentium II
384 Mb SDRAM
Geforce II Pro
SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer

Connection: Broadband (Cable 3Mbps)

---------------------------------------------------------
~Problem~

Everytime the round changes, if I am in the ready room I am automatically kicked. If I am on a team; HL Freezes up and I have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and end task. Steam.exe is running fine, but HL.exe is what is not responding. Several other people are experiencing this problem, as whenever a new round starts, a whole bunch of people are kicked from the server. I don't believe this is server specific however, because I have experienced this problem in other servers. However, there were no lag spikes in the server, and despite them all having 29 Maxplayer caps, pretty much everyone's latency was below 75 when it was happening. Mine was 30 or so, so I do not believe it is a lag related issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------
~Query~

Is this a problem I can fix by making some sort of adjustment?
OR
Is this a problem with Beta 5 itself? (i.e. a stability issue.)
OR
Is this the server's fault? (If so I apologize for this post.)
OR
Is this because of steam?

-------------------------------------------------------------
~Disclaimer~

I tried my best to search if anyone had already posted this. I have never experienced this problem before, nor have I heard of anyone else having it. Not in any other mod either. If this is something that has nothing to do with NS for one reason or another, just let me know and I will leave it at that. I apologize in advance for that, and for coming here as a last resort.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    every time the round changes?

aka, at the end of the round when you are back in the RR?
    or every map change? (is map change is this before or after the map has changed?)

honestly, nto much of a clue

Is this always the same server?
    do you get this on all servers?

do some reinstalls:
    Start by renaming rour configs to config.cfg.bak.
    no Go?
    Reinstall NS.
    no Go?
    Reinstall Steam.
    no Go?
    Reinstall Windows.
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    Everytime a new round starts, not just during map changes.

And I was hoping that someone else may have experienced this. Guess no luck in that department.

Ohnoes, reinstall? Ouch.