Natural Selection, Or Res Muncher?

2»

Comments

• raqualevangelraqualevangel Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26435Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-AoF.Palin+Sep 29 2004, 01:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AoF.Palin @ Sep 29 2004, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-cortex+Sep 28 2004, 12:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (cortex @ Sep 28 2004, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> back on topic:

good way to speed up the destruction of res nodes for both teams is making resnodes' efficiency based on their condition.

i.e if the node is red itll collect 1 res every 12 seconds or something less harsh. that way you can slow down their res flow without actually taking the time to destroy resnodes.

neglegent commanders will also be victims of this if they dont repair/rebuild damaged res. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Now that is likely one of the more origianal and innovative ideas i've heard in quite some time. Though... i'm not sure how drastic a benifit / detriment it might offer in terms of balance. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    makes something annoying even more annoying. nobody wants to weld all day either.
  • AkalamanaiaAkalamanaia Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11833Members
    edited September 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-raqualevangel+Sep 29 2004, 06:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (raqualevangel @ Sep 29 2004, 06:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-AoF.Palin+Sep 29 2004, 01:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AoF.Palin @ Sep 29 2004, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-cortex+Sep 28 2004, 12:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (cortex @ Sep 28 2004, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> back on topic:

good way to speed up the destruction of res nodes for both teams is making resnodes' efficiency based on their condition.

i.e if the node is red itll collect 1 res every 12 seconds or something less harsh. that way you can slow down their res flow without actually taking the time to destroy resnodes.

neglegent commanders will also be victims of this if they dont repair/rebuild damaged res. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Now that is likely one of the more origianal and innovative ideas i've heard in quite some time. Though... i'm not sure how drastic a benifit / detriment it might offer in terms of balance. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    makes something annoying even more annoying. nobody wants to weld all day either. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nobody wants Super-Marines with HA and HMg and all upgrades before second hive is up either in some maps..
  • Quantum_DuckQuantum_Duck Join Date: 2003-10-21 Member: 21851Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-raqualevangel+Sep 29 2004, 07:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (raqualevangel @ Sep 29 2004, 07:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> makes something annoying even more annoying. nobody wants to weld all day either. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I do!

No really, I think this would be a good change. It takes so long to bite down, actually having a reason to spend some time getting it back up would be fair I think. And if it's too much trouble, just recycle and rebuild. You lose a few res ticks, but that's the price of convenience.
  • niaccurshiniaccurshi Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11629Members, Constellation
    I agree, great idea in principle, wether or not it actually solves any of the problems...I don't really see how it would yet.
  • raqualevangelraqualevangel Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26435Members
    i would agree with a marine rt functioning at half output if it was damaged to less than half of its hp. and only this change.