Quick tips for natural selection

IceIYIaNIceIYIaN Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4313Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Also, fix for when you first dl ns.</div>The command menu is the most important hotkey.  I highly suggest you make that key something easy to hit.  It is used for everything except the commander mode(rts).  Don't waste hotkeys on those stupid things in the hotkey list.  If you use the command menu, you can use them faster and understand them more.

When you first dl'ed the game, that icon that it gives you doesn't work(right click it and go to Start In, if that's blank, the game doesn't work).  Delete that icon and get into the game by other means.  Mainly Start/Progams/NS.  Copy that and paste it to your desktop for faster use.  You can also get into the game from Half-Life.  Just get into Half-Life and go to custom game.  Activate NS.  Half-Life or any of its mods should work.  

As I said earlier, if you right click the icon and go to Start In, put C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike or C:\Sierra\Half-Life there and my guess is it should work.

When you first get into a server, you start in a ready room.  Rather than pressing 1-X you just walk to whatever team want.  Human is your best bet at first.  If you use the command menu, however, you can be any species you want and pwn.

Holding duck while going up ladders makes no noise.  There is NO falling damage what so ever.  They'll prolly patch that, so, don't get too used to it.

When you're near enemy/friendly structures, you can see its life by the circle around it.

If you're an alien, use your brain.  Running at the enemy trying to bite him while he has a gun is useless.  Hide, circle, strafe, jump, climb, or fly.

Humans have a commaner, aliens don't.  You have to build your own poopie on the battle field.  However, you get to see your team and enemies anywhere on the map.  Yellow circles are your enemies, white circles are your team mates.  SOME TIMES YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR ENEMIES.  Enemies have to be hit with alien juices before they have yellow circles.  You've been warned.

Post taken from <a href="http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readTopic.asp?hdr=&PostingId=1013569" target="_blank">http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readTopic.asp?hdr=&PostingId=1013569</a>

Comments

• n00b101n00b101 Join Date: 2002-10-29 Member: 1706Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--IceIYIaN+Nov. 01 2002,19:07--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (IceIYIaN @ Nov. 01 2002,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Holding duck while going up ladders makes no noise.  There is NO falling damage what so ever.  They'll prolly patch that, so, don't get too used to it.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hmm I think there's only no fall dmg for skulks ( or any alien ) but for marines there is ( rememering my death while missing a ladder... )

Other than that, its great !

Also, stick with your team and dont bug the commander too much !