Dvd Playback

NecroticNecrotic Big Girl's Blouse Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 53Members, NS1 Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">Pausing?</div> OK I just setup a box in my living room and hooked it up to my brand spanking new TV for DVD/music/media playback and browsing the internet in widescreen.
However the DVD playback goes fubar on me.
The drive takes DVD's fine loads them up etc but at random points in the playback the following occurs: Sound cuts out, video often continues for a short period then becomes choppy and finally stops altogether, the DVD then spins down.
The PC itself doesn't crash as the DVD playing software is still running and can be closed down just like any other application. Now this problem occurs at random times, its done it on the loading screens, menus shortly after the movie starts and a couple of times about 20 minutes into the movie.
I have tried various differant DVD's and WinDVD and PowerDVD for playback and the problem occurs on all of them.
If I rip the DVD to the hard drive it plays back perfectly from there which would make me think its the drive so my next step is to take the drive out of that PC and test it in my own and see if the same thing happens, but as I know approximately bugger all about DVDs I figured I should ask on here and see if theres something obvious I'm missing.

Comments

• MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
  • NecroticNecrotic Big Girl&#39;s Blouse Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 53Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-Necrotic+Sep 3 2004, 08:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Necrotic @ Sep 3 2004, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I have tried various differant DVD's... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ¬_¬