Bots

FroMaestroFroMaestro Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3065Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Why they are good</div>I dont want bots or have any question on when and where to get them but i would like to say that bots would help alot for the people who want to learn commanding.  It would save all the online players alot of time and frustration if you had some simple bots to learn commanding with instead of some n00b not knowing what the hell hes doing on a real online game.

Comments

• BananBanan Join Date: 2002-02-22 Member: 235Members
    I'm really looking forward to somebody creating bots for this game (I'm quite sure someone will but who knows when)

I would find it cool to play this game just like a strategy game, only with bots, this would add yet another feature to the game.
  • SpydeySpydey Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2294Members
    Ack.. marine bots maybe but alien bots would be impossible to create.. how would they reconise a defencive position and create turrets accordingly? etc.
  • BananBanan Join Date: 2002-02-22 Member: 235Members
    Well, not really too hard, if the buildings aren't really constructed by AI but by Waypoints, becides if your playing against alien bots you must be waaay less then they are
  • ICha0sIICha0sI Join Date: 2002-06-13 Member: 763Members
    bots=ownage

member in vampire slayer mod when the slayer bots played as fother d?? they shot u when ur leaping thru the air at 50 miles per hour then steak u..i think its a bad idea
  • MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    I believe a form of bot will be used in the training map. It probably won't be anything extravagent though, just dumb order taking bots.