Friendlyfire And Structures

cryptcrypt Join Date: 2004-04-22 Member: 28091Members, Constellation
I really think alien-structures should be attackable by aliens even with mp_friendlyfire 0.

Positive aspects:
- MC would be much better, because you can get to your 2. building hive before marines arrive
- You can destroy chambers that were build in a bad position (like in a vent or a small floor)

Add your thoughts!

Comments

• EEKEEK Join Date: 2004-02-25 Member: 26898Banned
  • DantemssDantemss Join Date: 2003-12-13 Member: 24305Members
    edited August 2004
    Only if it's lamma-proof. Nobody wants to see people running around destroying all alien structures.

To the guy above me: Please post the reason next time.
  • EEKEEK Join Date: 2004-02-25 Member: 26898Banned
    edited August 2004
    Because it's stupid? We run a friendlyfire server and there's people coming in all the time just to sit on the hive and bite it to death. This would be a nightmare. Ever seen what Bilebomb does to OCs?
  • cryptcrypt Join Date: 2004-04-22 Member: 28091Members, Constellation
    you probably play on the wrong server, if player only bite the hive to death (or if it is your server, ban them).

But Bilebomb is a problem, probably only the hive should be attackable, so you can fully use MCs on public server.
  • RipurRipur Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7193Members
    i think it would be better to ahve a digest feature for gorges. They drop a chamber in a bad place, then can simply devour it back for 70% of the res.
    It would allow for asshats to devour up a gorges chambers and ocs so thye can go fade ubber quick though. But something has to be done about poorly placed chambers.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    mp_friendlyfire 0: It would be nice when hives get in "under attack" without taking damage when you attack it. Skulks or gorges could warn the rest of the team with Spit or parasites -> more control over MCs