Gorge Heal Spray

keep_it_Gangstakeep_it_Gangsta Join Date: 2003-06-23 Member: 17632Members
<div class="IPBDescription">and carapace onos.</div> Have you ever tried to heal spray an onos with carapace, without adrenaline (even with adrenaline tbh), it takes about 3 days to fully heal it.

Sort it out!

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2004
    I think it heals a set amount for all lifeforms rather than like 18%, which sounds like the more logical choice.
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14834Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Align+Aug 24 2004, 01:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Align @ Aug 24 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think it heals a set amount for all lifeforms rather than like 18%, which sounds like the more logical choice. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    should be a set amount on top of a percentage of health.
  • DantemssDantemss Join Date: 2003-12-13 Member: 24305Members
    It could be hive-like percentage, but with lowered rof...
    If they change it to %, we would probably need lower rof and higher energy cost. I said hive-like % because that would be the same for skulks. But it would be sooo much better for higher lifeforms... Anyway, it may be worth trying, but it will make the gorge an even better target.
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    I vote for a percentage+a set amount for ONOS only. Maybe 5% of Onos health+16? That's an extra 35 health healed per healspray.
  • ThE_HeRoThE_HeRo Join Date: 2003-01-25 Member: 12723Members
    I think 8% sounds pretty good.
  • c_omac_oma Join Date: 2004-06-20 Member: 29425Members
    or the gorge could simply drop a dc or two next to the onos and run for cover...
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    Playtesters experimented with a precentage versus quantity heal spray before but it made alines too uber.

Like the onos and fades were pratically invincible as long as the gorges were arround and gorge rushing became a lame issue. (you really want 18% of your health going away and same time the alines with lost of health point gain 18%?)

So... um no.
  • SinSpawnSinSpawn Harbinger of Suffering Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8359Members
    OMG this happened to me today, a guy as onos was injured and wanted me to heal him, he took carapace....and he only lost like 30% of his armour. It took ages to heal him and he ran away before he was fully healed :/
  • SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    This is definitely an issue. Same goes with dc`s near ms for onis
  • MarineAnimalMarineAnimal Join Date: 2004-05-14 Member: 28676Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-SinSpawn+Aug 25 2004, 05:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SinSpawn @ Aug 25 2004, 05:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> OMG this happened to me today, a guy as onos was injured and wanted me to heal him, he took carapace....and he only lost like 30% of his armour. It took ages to heal him and he ran away before he was fully healed :/ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's worse when he has no upgrade at all. You just don't want to heal because he's such a nubcaek.

Or when the onos follows you around to get healed, even though the hive is a room away.

Ok, sorry for getting off topic.
  • MaianMaian Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14069Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Yeah healspray needs to be buffed up for fades and onos. Make it heal a set amount AND a percentage, e.g. 10 HP + 3%.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    I talked with flay about this at the CPL, told him to do 13 + 3%

This would keep the heal rate on skulks the same and double it for onos

He said to me it would go in, but so far in any of the PT builds it hasn't been put in yet

I'll see what I can do about it
  • keep_it_Gangstakeep_it_Gangsta Join Date: 2003-06-23 Member: 17632Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Aug 25 2004, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Aug 25 2004, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I talked with flay about this at the CPL, told him to do 13 + 3%

This would keep the heal rate on skulks the same and double it for onos

He said to me it would go in, but so far in any of the PT builds it hasn't been put in yet

I'll see what I can do about it <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yer thanks.

Bassically the situation I was in...

I was carapace onos in data core waiting for hive to build, one gorge with me. I was the sole defender. I could not get back to vent hive easily (due to walls of lame and marines).

So bassically I needed to gorge to heal me, it took absolutely ages for him to heal me, and luckily no one attacked. Im not sure the exact amount of time but man it was ages, and then I tripped a mine that was laid, which was another millenium of heal spray.
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    I think it should just be a straight up 18% health, - 1% for each lifeform # you are (the following numbers are rounded, and the numbers are from health, not health + armor)

Skulk: 12 health
    Gorge: 24 health
    Lerk: 19 health
    Fade: 42 health
    Onos: 91 health

So, a skulk will take 7 sprays to fully heal, a gorge takes 8 sprays to heal, a lerk takes 9 sprays to heal, a fade takes 11 sprays to heal, and an onos takes 15 sprays to fully heal. All of those numbers were rounded up, since even if it takes 6.01 sprays to heal, they still have that extra 1-2 health that needs healing. So, that makes it 7.

Meh, just an idea.
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    edited August 2004
    Holy crap. An Onos with regen and gorge healing will heal like 150 hp! That's almost shotgun damage. If the Onos takes carapce, then it trades away convenience of getting back into battle faster for the safety of more armor.

I like the 13+3% however.
  • MaianMaian Join Date: 2003-02-27 Member: 14069Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    A really good side effect of improving healspray: it would encourage MCs, and DCs and regen wouldn't be as necessary.