Speed Runs

esunaesuna Rock BottomMembers, Constellation Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Posts: 5,578 Fully active user
For some odd reason, the last few days i've been watching a number of speed runs. I'm not sure why, i just have been.

Anyway, in my searching today i found that archive.org have a little collection here which has a few speed runs for games that i didn't think i'd see, like Fallout 2 and Alien Vs Predator. Needless to say i'm downloading them now, but there are quite a few speed runs on the site. Take a look. smile-fix.gif

Comments

• BaconTheoryBaconTheory Members Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20615Posts: 1,299
  • OmegamanOmegaman Members Join Date: 2004-01-11 Member: 25239Posts: 1,829
  • ThE_HeRoThE_HeRo Members Join Date: 2003-01-25 Member: 12723Posts: 1,600
    I never thought the super mario 3 in 11 minutes was very special. I could beat that if i spent a few hours on it. I found all the game's secrets on my own, and I remember doing my own speed runs. Not too hard.
    -tex
  • LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Members Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Posts: 10,081
    This is just SDA's list, because Archive.org hosts the files as well:

http://planetquake.com/sda/other/other.html

For Super Play Videos:

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/nesvideos/
    QUOTE (Thansal @ Oct 14 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    I am with Them and Liku (who is fun to pwn with a baseball bat).
  • CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Members Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Posts: 4,153
    ooh nifty nifty nifty!

Im downloading the resident evil one now. biggrin-fix.gif
    If the people be of sound mind, laws are unneccesary.
    If the people be not of sound mind, laws are useless. --Plato
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6146Posts: 412
    Now you have to watch my 45 minute Half-Life run. smile-fix.gif
    your != you're
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Members Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Posts: 7,019
    Wow random, your famous smile-fix.gif But I would hardly call 45:45 a 45 minute run, its much closer to 46 minutes tounge.gif

I wonder how long that run will last though, it has alot of great tricks, but the movement and execution of alot of stuff is a little slow (compared to the last speedrun, I certianly couldn't do as good as you could there).
    O_O image
  • DefianceDefiance Members Join Date: 2003-12-01 Member: 23847Posts: 437
    QUOTE (ThE HeRo @ Aug 24 2004, 07:59 PM)
    I never thought the super mario 3 in 11 minutes was very special. I could beat that if i spent a few hours on it. I found all the game's secrets on my own, and I remember doing my own speed runs. Not too hard.

I'd like to see you do even 15% as well as that kid did. That was insane.
    user posted image
    Athena = ownji++

QUOTE (jumpingjoda)
    You have no idea how hard it is to use the keyboard properly while wielding 2 cheeseburgers, in each hand. Poor Gabe.
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Posts: 4,859
    Half-Life only lasts fourty five minutes1//?!?!? :0
  • ChargeCharge Members Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13144Posts: 904
    /me downloads donkey kong movies
    aka Fatality_
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6146Posts: 412
    QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Aug 25 2004, 08:45 AM)
    Wow random, your famous smile-fix.gif But I would hardly call 45:45 a 45 minute run, its much closer to 46 minutes tounge.gif

I wonder how long that run will last though, it has alot of great tricks, but the movement and execution of alot of stuff is a little slow (compared to the last speedrun, I certianly couldn't do as good as you could there).

Hey, I just casted the time to an int. Anyway, you're quite right. If you took the best parts from his run and my run you'd get 3:30 faster. There's also another 24 second shortcut I don't take. However part of the reason I do a lot of things more slowly is because of the segment length. His run is in 106 segments while mine is in 21 segments. I have to accept doing things slower if I want to get through the segment at all.
    your != you're
  • iamthemantaiamthemanta Members Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240345Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    An old thread, I realise, but there's a new piece on PCGamesN about speed-running in Subnautica (it includes an interview with the current world-record holder).

• ryan_lucarioryan_lucario CanadaMembers Join Date: 2018-05-03 Member: 240480Posts: 2 Fully active user
    esuna wrote: »
    For some odd reason, the last few days i've been watching a number of speed runs. I'm not sure why, i just have been.

Anyway, in my searching today i found that archive.org have a little collection here which has a few speed runs for games that i didn't think i'd see, like Fallout 2 and Alien Vs Predator. Needless to say i'm downloading them now, but there are quite a few speed runs on the site. Take a look.

I love Mario speed runs.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet VicaronMembers Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Posts: 770 Advanced user
    An old thread, I realise, but there's a new piece on PCGamesN about speed-running in Subnautica (it includes an interview with the current world-record holder).

Old as in the thread ended in 2004. Jesus christ.

Anyways, the speedruns are nice.
    ================Anom================
    "I'm ashamed, I'm to blame,
    Don't wanna think about it,
    Who I am, what I've done?
    How do I carry on?
    Wanna change, turn the page,
    Don't wanna think about it,
    How do I undo what's done?"
    - "Undone" Five Finger Death Punch
    ================Anom================
    solange