Viewing Models Before Compile

DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
Ok, I've got the ns.fgd from the 3.0 mapping guidelines page. How do I view the models I want to use in Hammer without having to compile first? Right now what I've got is a cycle model entity with the model I want to use, but all I see in Hammer is the rectangular entity box.

Comments

• esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Drek+Aug 10 2004, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drek @ Aug 10 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ok, I've got the ns.fgd from the 3.0 mapping guidelines page. How do I view the models I want to use in Hammer without having to compile first? Right now what I've got is a cycle model entity with the model I want to use, but all I see in Hammer is the rectangular entity box. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I *think* this feature was only supported as of 3.5 beta, i know for a fact it does show the model in that. If you're using 3.4 i suggest updating.

Oh, and in future, for questions for mapping help and troubleshooting, please use the mapping help and troubleshooting forum.
  • DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
    oh bugger, I intended to post this in the mapping help forum... I don't have much luck with the NS forums...

Anyway, I am using 3.5, but for some reason the models aren't displaying...
  • brute_forcebrute_force Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21433Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Drek+Aug 11 2004, 12:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Drek @ Aug 11 2004, 12:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> oh bugger, I intended to post this in the mapping help forum... I don't have much luck with the NS forums...

Anyway, I am using 3.5, but for some reason the models aren't displaying... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Are you sure you're using the 'cycler' entity and that the model path is correct, and are you sure you're running Hammer 3.5beta? If so, it should show up.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    You have to set up the mod and HL path in the Hammer config in order to see the models...
  • DrekDrek Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11165Members
    I've got it solved, I thought I could use HL models from the "valve" directory, but apparrently they need to be moved to the ns directory.